'X-Men: Days of Future Past': School's Out Forever? (Photo)
Director Bryan Singer tweets a glimpse of things to come for the X-Men's famous Xavier's School, and it's not a pretty sight.
Bryan Singer is at it again. After a period of relative quiet in terms of teases for next year's X-Men: Days of Future Past, the director this afternoon tweeted a still from the editing process for his return to the X-Men franchise that suggests that things might fall apart upon his return.
— Bryan Singer (@BryanSinger) September 20, 2013
The sight of the Xavier's School sign on the ground could mean many things, of course -- perhaps it's not a sign of destruction, but of renovation. Instead of the school being under attack, maybe it's something as simple as replacing the signage outside the school (In current comic continuity, Wolverine runs the renamed Jean Grey School for Higher Learning -- given Jean's fate in X-Men: The Last Stand, could the same name-change happen in the new movie?).
However, the overgrown grass around the sign suggests that perhaps the school has been abandoned for some time and has fallen into disrepair. If that's the case, will Days of Future Past feature the school -- and, therefore, the contemporary portion of the X-Men franchise -- reborn? One little image, but so many questions as a result. Clearly, Bryan Singer knows how to use Twitter to its fullest potential.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR