'X-Men: First Class' Sky Ads Appear Over L.A. (Photo)
A loyal Heat Vision reader sent this in today while at a rooftop BBQ in West L.A.
The Xs have been popping up all weekend long, denoting a marketing blitz that will be kicking into high gear this week in advance of this Friday's opening of the X-Men prequel directed by Matthew Vaughn and produced by Bryan Singer (among others).
The movie has been earning rave reviews from critics including THR's Todd McCarthy, who compares it to the recent James Bond movie Casino Royale in how it reinvigorates the tired franchise.
"Roughly the first half of this massive and very well-cast origins extravaganza is arguably the best hour of Marvel Comics-derived filmmaking among the torrent of it that's cascaded across screens in recent years," McCarthy writes.
He al gives props to Michael Fassbender's turn as Magneto as a young man, Kevin Bacon as the villainous Sebastian Shaw and Jennifer Lawrence as Raven/Mystique.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!