'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' Parody Trailer Mocks Superhero Prequel (Video)
The 2009 film features a rushed backstory, fake-looking CGI claws and plenty of boring moments, according to the Honest Trailers team.
Hugh Jackman is preparing to sink his claws into another Wolverine movie. But the guys at Honest Trailers haven’t forgotten his first solo outing with the character: 2009’s poorly received X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Honest Trailers has released its take on the film, and there is plenty of material to work with. Among the team’s gripes: fake-looking CGI claws, fan-favorite Gambit getting just five minutes of screen time, and Wolverine’s epic military record being glossed over in favor of scenes with him cutting down trees and going on dates. (And don't get these guys started on Deadpool.)
Fox's X-Men Origins: Wolverine went on to earn more than $373 million at the global box office despite its poor reviews. Jackman returns as the mutant in The Wolverine on July 26, and also will play a part in next summer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Gabrielle Union Says 'The World Isn't Going To End' If We See More Diversity In Women On TV
- Shantel VanSanten Lounges Poolside In A Cutout Swimsuit For Maxim
- Jimmy Kimmel Proves People Can't Tell The Difference Between Cold-Pressed Juice And Tang
- David Oyelowo Comes To Benedict Cumberbatch's Defense Over 'Colored' Comment
- Channing Tatum Carries Mila Kunis Away in New 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer (Exclusive)
- Brie Larson & Rosemarie DeWitt Are 'Digging For Fire' at Sundance!
- Tye Sheridan & Olivia Thirlby Premiere 'Stanford Prison Experiment' at Sundance 2015
- Patrick J. Adams Opens Up About Fiance Troian Bellisario's Guest-Starring Role on 'Suits' (JJ Interview)