'X-Men' Writer Announces Creator-Owned Series 'Numbercruncher'
Si Spurrier teams with '2000AD' artist P.J. Holden for the new series from Titan Comics about a mathematician trying to cheat death.
Titan Comics, the new initiative from Titan Publishing, announced the new creator-owned series Numbercruncher.
The series is written by X-Men Legacy writer Si Spurrier and illustrated by 2000AD artist P.J. Holden. Issue No. 1 is set for release July 10.
Numbercruncher is about a young mathematician who enters the afterlife and uncovers a way to cheat the chilling Divine Calculator. The Mathematician plots to be eternally reincarnated within the lifespan of the woman he loves, no matter how often the Karmic Accountancy tries to cut short each life.
Bastard Zane wants to put an end to the time-twisting romance once and for all, “before the Mathematician can pull off his greatest trick and escape Existential Justice forever!”
Numbercruncher is a "time-travelling romantic comedy thriller with more twists than Agatha Christie's corkscrew," co-creator Spurrier says in a statement.
Titan senior comics editor Steve White adds, “Numbercruncher is one of those intensely personal yet universally brilliant projects you just can’t wait to get into print."
The series also will be available exclusively through comiXology.com and the ComiXology app on the iPad, iPhone, Android and Kindle Fire.
Check out an exclusive first look of the comic's art below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR