'X-Men' Writer David Hayter to Pen Adaptation of Graphic Novel 'The Sword'
Production on the revenge story will begin in early 2014.
X-Men writer David Hayter has been tapped to write the screen adaptation of The Sword, Lakeshore Entertainment and Hopscotch Features announced Monday.
The Sword is a tale of vengeance based on the graphic novel of the same name by Jonathan and Joshua Luna, aka The Luna Brothers. Production on the film is slated to begin in early 2014.
Lakeshore’s Tom Rosenberg and Gary Lucchesi, along with Skip Williamson and Hopscotch’s Andrew Mason, will produce. Hopscotch’s Troy Lum will executive produce.
The Sword follows a paraplegic named Dara Brighton, who is the only survivor after the rest of her family is brutally murdered. She discovers a sword that belonged to her father, which not only gives her the ability to walk but also provides her with special powers. She embarks on a journey to find the trio that killed her family.
The Sword could become a possible franchise -- the graphic novel it's based on is divided into four parts.
“David has a proven track record of bringing the multifaceted, beloved characters of graphic novels to mainstream audiences, and we’re excited that he’ll be joining us for The Sword,” said Lakeshore Entertainment chairman and CEO Rosenberg.
Hayter's screenplay work includes X-Men, X-2 and The Scorpion King. He's repped by UTA and attorney David Feldman.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!