'X-Men's' Quicksilver Speeds Into Action in Ad (Video)
What better way for Fox to show off the superspeed powers of Quicksilver ahead of the release of "Days of Future Past" than in a burger commercial?
The first chance Marvel fans have to see Quicksilver — or, at least, the Evan Peters version from this summer's X-Men: Days of Future Past — in action outside of his trailer debut isn’t the upcoming Fox movie based on the mutant superhero series, but a Carl’s Jr. commercial. On the plus side, at least he’s eating quickly.
Quicksilver is one of three characters from Bryan Singer’s return to the X-franchise as director to appear in the campaign promoting the fast food chain, with Daniel Cudmore’s Colossus and Mystique accompanying the super-speedster to promote the chain’s new Western X-tra Bacon Burger (although Jennifer Lawrence’s participation in her advertisement appears to be minimal, to say the least).
A behind-the-scenes video for the campaign offers more context, but the upshot is that the new burger has so much bacon that it’ll take superpowers to enjoy it — potentially off-putting for the non-superpowered target audience.
The Quicksilver ad is below. X-Men: Days of Future Past is released May 23.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Rihanna Slips Into A Bikini After Closing Out Monster Tour, Casually Hangs On A Yacht
- Here Is What A Mashup Of Scarlett Johansson And Jennifer Lawrence Looks Like
- Pat O'Brien Explains Why So Many Celebrities Aren't Truly Happy (VIDEO)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Fatal Finale Says Goodbye To One Huge Character
- Heidi Klum Completes Ice Bucket Challenge on 'America's Got Talent'!
- Chelsea Handler Dines with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston & More After Ending 'Chelsea Lately'
- Jennifer Aniston Doesn't Want Her 'Value as a Woman' to be Defined By Marriage & Children
- Orlando Bloom Rocks Unique Shirt at 'Zulu' Press Conference in Japan