Xavier Gens' 'The Divide' Gets Unrated January Release
The violent post-apocalyptic thriller hits select markets in early January, 2012, 10 months after its SXSW debut.
Anchor Bay Films has decided to release a full, unrated director's cut of Xavier Gens’ The Divide in theaters Friday, January 13 in select markets. The violent post-apocalyptic thriller had its world premiere at the SXSW film festival in March.
Lauren German, Michael Biehn, Milo Ventimiglia, Courtney B. Vance, Ashton Holmes and Rosanna Arquette star in the story of nine strangers who take refuge in an underground bunker after a nuclear attack hits New York City. Survival only gets tougher once they become trapped together.
"Fans of director Xavier Gens’ Frontier(s) will be pleased to know that once again he has pulled no punches, and has delivered a kick-ass film that will set the bar in extreme cinema," said Anchor Bay senior VP of brand marketing Jennifer Roberts. “We felt strongly that we needed to bring his full vision to the screen, and confident this is the version audiences will want to see.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10