Young Peter Pan Cast for Warner Bros.' 'Pan'
Levi Miller will play the title role in the origin tale, which will also star Hugh Jackman, Garrett Hedlund and Rooney Mara.
Newcomer Levi Miller has been cast as the young Peter Pan in Warner Bros.' origin tale Pan.
Joe Wright, who directed Atonement and Pride & Prejudice, is directing from a script by Jason Fuchs.
Hugh Jackman is playing Blackbeard and Garrett Hedlund will take on the role of Hook in the film. Rooney Mara was recently cast as Tiger Lily.
The film, slated for release on July 17, 2015, follows the young orphan boy from London as he's spirited away to the magical Neverland. There, he faces off against Blackbeard, the story's main villain. The Warner Bros. film is aiming to reinvent the traditional story by using an international cast to present the characters in a new way.
Sarah Schechter, Greg Berlanti and Paul Webster are producing. Courtenay Valenti is overseeing for the studio.
Wright was looking for a newcomer for the title role, and landed on Miller after conducting casting calls in the U.K. Miller, who appeared on Fox's series Terra Nova, is repped by CESD.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Beyonce Shows Off Her Booty in Hilarious Made-at-Home Music Video for '7/11'
- Nina Dobrev Celebrates RH Atlanta's Gallery Opening
- Colin Farrell on Set of 'True Detective' Will Get You Pumped Up for the Second Season
- How To Get Away With Murder's Karla Souza & Katie Findlay Celebrate The Golden Globes