Young Peter Pan Cast for Warner Bros.' 'Pan'
Levi Miller will play the title role in the origin tale, which will also star Hugh Jackman, Garrett Hedlund and Rooney Mara.
Newcomer Levi Miller has been cast as the young Peter Pan in Warner Bros.' origin tale Pan.
Joe Wright, who directed Atonement and Pride & Prejudice, is directing from a script by Jason Fuchs.
Hugh Jackman is playing Blackbeard and Garrett Hedlund will take on the role of Hook in the film. Rooney Mara was recently cast as Tiger Lily.
The film, slated for release on July 17, 2015, follows the young orphan boy from London as he's spirited away to the magical Neverland. There, he faces off against Blackbeard, the story's main villain. The Warner Bros. film is aiming to reinvent the traditional story by using an international cast to present the characters in a new way.
Sarah Schechter, Greg Berlanti and Paul Webster are producing. Courtenay Valenti is overseeing for the studio.
Wright was looking for a newcomer for the title role, and landed on Miller after conducting casting calls in the U.K. Miller, who appeared on Fox's series Terra Nova, is repped by CESD.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum
- Questlove: Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy' Is A Game-Changer