'Thor 2' Eyes 'Chuck' Star Zachary Levi (Exclusive)
The actor could end up filling the boots worn by "Once Upon a Time" star Josh Dallas.
Marvel Studios is targeting Zachary Levi to join the cast of Thor 2. He would replace Josh Dallas in the film.
Dallas played Fandral, one of the Warriors Three in Thor, but is bowing out of the sequel to the 2011 hit movie due to his commitments to the ABC show Once Upon a Time.
Levi’s involvement may blessed by the gods, however. He was in talks to originally play the role in 2010 but had to bow out when his cult NBC show Chuck got a last-minute reprieve from cancellation and an episode extension.
Levi’s talks are in at an early stage -- negotiations have not yet begun, according to sources -- but an offer is imminent.
Thor 2 is gearing up fast for a July start. Game of Thrones director Alan Taylor is set to hop into the director’s chair. Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Idris Elba and Anthony Hopkins are returning, and Mads Mikkelsen is in negotiations to play the villain.
Marvel had no comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing