Zack Snyder Talks Fan Reactions About 'Batman vs. Superman'
"It's reassuring and frustrating at the same time," the director says of online reaction to news about the sequel to "Man of Steel."
Director Zack Snyder has something to say to fans concerned about how faithful he’ll be to the long-lasting comic book mythologies of Superman and Batman in the 2016 follow-up to Man of Steel: Stop complaining -- it’ll be explosive. Literally.
The sequel “literally takes the Man of Steel and Batman universes and explodes them,” Snyder said during an interview with the L.A. Times’ Hero Complex blog. “In Man of Steel, we had to create an origin story, a mythology, and there’s a lot of energy into that, which we love doing. Don’t get me wrong. But when you think about how fun it is too -- now that you’ve got these characters -- to now let ‘em loose. That’s fun!”
Snyder also addressed concerns over casting for the movie, specifically touching on Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. “We know the material. Unfortunately, the fans don’t know the material. So we’re casting according to what’s happening in the script,” he said. “I think Jesse is going to be an amazing Lex. Let’s not forget he was nominated for an Academy Award. It’s not like I just grabbed my friend to play the guy! This guy’s the real deal.”
He went on, “Some people are hating to hate. Some people -- someone did some fan art. And you look underneath and someone wrote, ‘I guess I can see it.’ Honestly, are you kidding me? Just stop it! It’s reassuring and frustrating at the same time.”
Not that Snyder’s free of his own fannish tendencies, as he admitted: “We were just testing the suits, right? The new Batsuit and the Superman suit,” he said. “It wasn’t even with the actors, right? It was just to see ‘em. I was standing there. They were standing next to each other. And I was like, ‘Guys, someone take a picture! This has never happened before.’ We slightly dork out.”
According to the director, shooting starts on the movie “in a month or so.”
Follow Heat Vision
- Dierks Bentley Weighs In On The 'Girl Crush' Country Radio Controversy
- Cookie Lyon of Fox's 'Empire' Sheds Rare Light on Black Women's Incarceration and Reentry
- Ryan Reynolds Spoofs Burt Reynolds In First 'Deadpool' Photo
- What Lindsay From 'Freaks And Geeks' Would Be Up To Today, According to Linda Cardellini
- Sean Hayes & Hubby Lip Sync Iggy Azalea & Jennifer Hudson's 'Trouble' - Watch Now!
- Kim Kardashian's Platinum Blonde Hair Looks Amazing on 'Elle France' April 2015 Cover
- Zayn Malik & Fiancee Perrie Edwards Spotted Out Separately After Leaving One Direction
- Carey Mulligan Talks Cooking Spaghetti Bolognese in 'Skylight' Every Night on 'The Tonight Show' - Watch Here!