Zoe Kravitz in Talks to Join Will Smith in Sci-Fi Action Adventure '1000 A.E.' (Exclusive)
Zoe Kravitz and Sophie Okonedo are in early talks to join Will Smith and Jaden Smith in 1000 A.E.
M. Night Shyamalan is directing Columbia’s sci-fi action adventure, in which humans no longer live on Earth after it becomes inhospitable. The elder Smith is playing a hero, while Jaden is his son, considered a failure as a warrior. When the two crash-land on Earth, it is up to the son to save the dad.
If deals are made, Kravitz would play Smith’s daughter, while Okonedo will portray his wife.
Gary Whitta, Shyamalan and Stephen Gaghan worked on the script.
The studio is eyeing an early 2012 production start with a release in June 2013.
Kravitz, who was last week honored with a rising star award at the Bahamas International Film Festival, appeared in X-Men: First Class as the mutant Angel Salvadore and stars in the indie drama Yelling to the Sky. Paradigm-repped Kravitz is due to shoot Fury Road, the fourth installment of the Mad Max movies, next year.
British actress Okonedo, repped by UTA, was recently seen in U.K. shows such as Doctor Who and Criminal Justice and appeared in features such as Hotel Rwanda and The Secret Life of Bees.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws