Zoe Saldana Kicks Butt in 'Colombiana' Fight Vignette (Video)
In preparation for the intense Sony Pictures action film, the 'Avatar' actress trained with the LAPD.
Looking at the petite frame of actress Zoe Saldana, it’s hard to believe she could pack as much power as she does in the film Colombiana.
A new trailer for the film gives moviegoers a behind-the-scenes look at the intense training that the Avatar actress did for her new film.
Saldana plays a young woman who, as a child, witnessed her parents’ murder. She grows up into an assassin, spending her life’s work looking for the people who murdered her parents.
Saldana not only trained with the LAPD for the role, but did weight training, studied Krav Maga and gun handling.
“They’re going to blow everybody away,” said Saldana of the fight scenes. “Because they’re not just a specific form of martial arts or combat. They are just two human beings trying to get out of a situation, at least one of them alive.”
Colombiana, directed by Oliver Megaton (The Red Siren, Transporter 3), will hit theaters August 26.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR