Zoe Saldana Kicks Butt in 'Colombiana' Fight Vignette (Video)
In preparation for the intense Sony Pictures action film, the 'Avatar' actress trained with the LAPD.
Looking at the petite frame of actress Zoe Saldana, it’s hard to believe she could pack as much power as she does in the film Colombiana.
A new trailer for the film gives moviegoers a behind-the-scenes look at the intense training that the Avatar actress did for her new film.
Saldana plays a young woman who, as a child, witnessed her parents’ murder. She grows up into an assassin, spending her life’s work looking for the people who murdered her parents.
Saldana not only trained with the LAPD for the role, but did weight training, studied Krav Maga and gun handling.
“They’re going to blow everybody away,” said Saldana of the fight scenes. “Because they’re not just a specific form of martial arts or combat. They are just two human beings trying to get out of a situation, at least one of them alive.”
Colombiana, directed by Oliver Megaton (The Red Siren, Transporter 3), will hit theaters August 26.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup