Zoe Saldana in Talks to Star in Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' (Exclusive)
The "Avatar" actress would play the female lead opposite Chris Pratt and Dave Bautista.
Zoe Saldana is in negotiations to play the female lead in Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Saldana would play Gamora, the green-skinned humanoid who is the last of a species that was exterminated by a race known as the Badoon. She also happens to be a skilled assassin.
If a deal is made, Saldana would join Chris Pratt, who is playing Star-Lord, and Dave Bautista, who's portraying Drax the Destroyer, in the space-set adventure movie. The superhero group also includes Groot, a giant tree-man, and Rocket Raccoon, a genetically engineered animal with a knack for guns and explosives.
James Gunn is directing the movie, which is eyeing a June production start date. Disney has set an Aug. 1, 2014, release date for Guardians.
Saldana already has plenty of space (and tentpole) experience. She reprises her role as Uhura in Star Trek Into Darkness, which opens May 17, and will step back into her alien skin of Neytiri for Avatar 2.
Saldana, repped by ICM Partners and Morris Yorn, also stars with Christian Bale in the recently wrapped crime drama Out of the Furnace.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR