Adam Lambert Talks 'Trespassing' Delay, Queen Gig, Secret Duet at Promo Stop
"I’m just trying to get it right and make sure it’s the best album possible," the "American Idol" season 8 runner-up revealed in an intimate chat with VIP listeners at Jersey shore radio station The Point.
Many of you Idol Worshipers may not know this, but when I’m not blogging about American Idol for The Hollywood Reporter, I'm logging in hours as a DJ at New Jersey Top 40 radio station, 94.3 The Point.
The Point is always an exciting place to be, but today, our listeners got an extra-special treat when Idol's own Adam Lambert came by to promote his new single, “Better Than I Know Myself.” Lambert performed that song and “Whataya Want From Me” to an enthusiastic crowd of contest winners and invited guests. Then, he fielded questions from the audience, and gave insight into why his new CD, Trespassing, has been delayed from its original release date of March 20.
“It got pushed a little bit,” Lambert told the 30 lucky listeners assembled. “The music industry is not a science and to set up an album to be released internationally, there is a lot of work that goes into it, and logistics and political things. So I’m just trying to get it right and set it all up and release it to everybody and make sure that it’s the best album possible.”
Lambert revealed that he is working on new songs for the record, which contains a song written by Bruno Mars, as well as collaborations with Pharrell Williams, Nile Rodgers, Sam Sparro and Dr. Luke.
“I’m working on a couple of new songs last-minute that came in at the end of the cutoff period," he said. "We’re going to push it so we can work on the songs."
Lambert was less forthcoming, however, about whether or not he will front the rock band Queen sometime later this year. “Maybe,” he said, adding that his focus right not is on his own album and tour for Trespassing.
Other revelations during the sit down: Lambert is an Aquarius, with an Aries moon, he would love to do a duet with David Bowie, he tried out for American Idol because he “wanted out of the backline of the chorus in 'Wicked,'" he loves to vacation in tropical locations, like Bora Bora, there is a duet planned that is “under wraps,” and his mother is a dental hygienist, which is why his teeth are in such good shape.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Winnie and Kevin Probably Slept Together and 11 Other Things We Learned at Last Night’s Wonder Years Reunion
- How Much Do You Know About American Horror Story? Take Our SAT Exam
- Garage Doors and Tanning Beds: 9 Actors Remember Their Famous Horror-Movie Deaths
- It’s Just a Normal Tuesday With Drake and ILoveMakonnen
- 'Ouija' Movie Stars Attend Spooky Seance with Their Celeb Pals (Exclusive Video!)
- Justin Timberlake & Jessica Biel Settle Lawsuit Against Tabloid Publishing False Stories
- Renee Zellweger Brings Her Boyfriend Doyle Bramhall II to Elle Women in Hollywood Event!
- Nikki Reed & Emmy Rossum Stun at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration