Adam Lambert to Perform on 'American Idol' May 17
The season 8 runner-up will return to the stage that launched his career one week before the 2012 finale.
Adam Lambert will soon make his annual return to the American Idol studio.
On May 17, two days after his long-anticipated sophomore album Trespassing is released, the season 8 runner-up will perform new single "Never Close Our Eyes" on the very stage that launched his career. Lambert tweeted the news himself on Monday.
It will mark his third performance on the show since coming in second to Kris Allen in 2009. During season 9, Lambert mentored the finalists for Elvis Presley week then performed his hit song "Whataya Want From Me." The next year, he performed "Aftermath," also from his debut album For Your Entertainment, during Top 13 week.
This time around, Lambert will once again take the stage on an elimination night and it's as yet unclear who of the season 11 finalists will still be standing (although we have our theories). The episode is the last before the final 2 are announced and move on to the finale.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Nicole Kidman Will Guest on Empire After She Stops Living Out Her English Fantasies
- What We Learned From Everything Is Copy, a Sweet Film Nora Ephron’s Son Jacob Bernstein Made About Her
- Nicholas Sparks’s Cool Bachelor Life Will Be an ABC Sitcom
- Max Greenfield on That Drill-bit Dildo In American Horror Story: Hotel
- Isabella Cruise Marries Max Parker in Secret London Wedding!
- The Vampire Diaries' Paul Wesley Says Someone From Stefan's Past Will Shake Up Steroline (JJ Interview)
- Teen Mom's Jenelle Evans Hospitalized with Head Injury
- Johnny Depp Admits He's 'Quite Worried' About Daughter Lily Rose Depp's Modeling Career