Adam Lambert to Perform on 'American Idol' May 17
The season 8 runner-up will return to the stage that launched his career one week before the 2012 finale.
Adam Lambert will soon make his annual return to the American Idol studio.
On May 17, two days after his long-anticipated sophomore album Trespassing is released, the season 8 runner-up will perform new single "Never Close Our Eyes" on the very stage that launched his career. Lambert tweeted the news himself on Monday.
It will mark his third performance on the show since coming in second to Kris Allen in 2009. During season 9, Lambert mentored the finalists for Elvis Presley week then performed his hit song "Whataya Want From Me." The next year, he performed "Aftermath," also from his debut album For Your Entertainment, during Top 13 week.
This time around, Lambert will once again take the stage on an elimination night and it's as yet unclear who of the season 11 finalists will still be standing (although we have our theories). The episode is the last before the final 2 are announced and move on to the finale.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The End of the Tour Trailer: Jason Segel Goes Full Capote As David Foster Wallace
- Fred Armisen, Zosia Mamet, Vanessa Bayer Re-create Golden Girls for Jenny Lewis
- ‘We Have Lost the Ability to Flush the Toilet’: Art-Festival Culture in Istanbul
- Colin Firth Is ‘Already Set’ to Star in My Fair Lady on Broadway
- The Weeknd Debuts Music Video for New Song 'The Hills' - Watch Now!
- Bradley Cooper Gets Anna Wintour's Support at 'Elephant Man' Celebration!
- Duggar Family Not Worried About Losing '19 Kids & Counting' Amid Josh's Molestation Scandal
- Britney Spears Makes The Best Facial Expressions During New Australian Interview - Watch Here!