Adam Lambert to Perform on 'American Idol' May 17
The season 8 runner-up will return to the stage that launched his career one week before the 2012 finale.
Adam Lambert will soon make his annual return to the American Idol studio.
On May 17, two days after his long-anticipated sophomore album Trespassing is released, the season 8 runner-up will perform new single "Never Close Our Eyes" on the very stage that launched his career. Lambert tweeted the news himself on Monday.
It will mark his third performance on the show since coming in second to Kris Allen in 2009. During season 9, Lambert mentored the finalists for Elvis Presley week then performed his hit song "Whataya Want From Me." The next year, he performed "Aftermath," also from his debut album For Your Entertainment, during Top 13 week.
This time around, Lambert will once again take the stage on an elimination night and it's as yet unclear who of the season 11 finalists will still be standing (although we have our theories). The episode is the last before the final 2 are announced and move on to the finale.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- You Can Stock Your Bar With Whiskey Glasses Don Draper Actually Used
- Watch Jay Pharoah Imitate Eddie Murphy, Kevin Hart And Stewie Griffin
- Will Descendants become the Disney Channel's next big franchise? Kenny Ortega sure hopes that it does
- Jon Stewart: Donald Trump Is Exactly The Opposite Of What The GOP Was Looking For
- Before You Leave Town for the Weekend, Gaze in Horror at This Summer-Traffic Composite
- The End of the Tour Is Like Spending Two Hours With David Foster Wallace
- Read How Martin Luther King Jr. Affected Star Trek and Nichelle Nichols’s Career
- Rock Series From Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger Finally Gets Its Name