Adam Lambert to Perform on 'American Idol' May 17
The season 8 runner-up will return to the stage that launched his career one week before the 2012 finale.
Adam Lambert will soon make his annual return to the American Idol studio.
On May 17, two days after his long-anticipated sophomore album Trespassing is released, the season 8 runner-up will perform new single "Never Close Our Eyes" on the very stage that launched his career. Lambert tweeted the news himself on Monday.
It will mark his third performance on the show since coming in second to Kris Allen in 2009. During season 9, Lambert mentored the finalists for Elvis Presley week then performed his hit song "Whataya Want From Me." The next year, he performed "Aftermath," also from his debut album For Your Entertainment, during Top 13 week.
This time around, Lambert will once again take the stage on an elimination night and it's as yet unclear who of the season 11 finalists will still be standing (although we have our theories). The episode is the last before the final 2 are announced and move on to the finale.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story