The Evolution of Adam Lambert
From "American Idol" season 8 hopeful to the belle of the glitter-pop ball, THR traces the evolution of the glam rocker whose highly anticipated album "Trespassing" is out this week.
Since season 8 of American Idol kicked off, we have watched the Indianapolis-born, San Diego-raised Adam Lambert blossom from caterpillar to butterfly right before America's eyes.
From his earliest moments on the stage, when long-sleeved flannel shirts and jeans were the height of Hollywood Week fashion, to the glammed-up leather and studs Idol finale number that had jaws dropping, Lambert has always looked good, no matter what the effort.
But it was on Idol's live shows that the then 27-year-old truly wowed with a keen sense of theatrics that made his performances tune-in musts. Since coming in second to Kris Allen, the rocker has been able to spread his wings far beyond continental borders, touring internationally with his Glam Nation trek in 2010 and collaborating with the iconic British band Queen.
With the release of his highly anticipated sophomore album Trespassing on May 15, Lambert is yet again poised to make a splash.
Check out the THR gallery to see Lambert's evolution in pictures from Idol Top 36 contestant to bona fide star.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The Abu Dhabi Diaries: Can a Film Festival Help Us Overcome Misconceptions, Conflicts and Stereotypes?
- Famed Elvis Photographer Alfred Wertheimer Dead At 85
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Naomi Watts Shares How She Conquered Fear of Working with Bill Murray on 'St. Vincent'
- Hilary Duff Joins Mariska Hargitay's Hubby on 'Younger' Set!
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'