Adam Lambert's 'Trespassing' Debuts at No. 1
The "American Idol" runner-up adds another major milestone to his list of achievements: a chart-topping album on the Billboard 200.
Adam Lambert has seen more monumental moments than most -- chief among them: coming in second on American Idol -- and this week, the glam rocker adds another to his long list of achievements: his first No. 1 album.
Trespassing, which was released on May 15, moved 77,181 copies in its first week out, says a rep for the singer citing Nielsen SoundScan data. That's good for the much coveted top spot on the Billboard 200, besting the likes of Adele, Carrie Underwood and Norah Jones.
To promote the album, Lambert has appeared on Idol, where he performed his new single, "Never Close Our Eyes," as well as Jimmy Kimmel Live! and scores of radio station-sponsored concerts.
Last week, The Hollywood Reporter asked Lambert what a No. 1 album would mean to him. Hear his response below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!