Adam Lambert's 'Trespassing' Debuts at No. 1
The "American Idol" runner-up adds another major milestone to his list of achievements: a chart-topping album on the Billboard 200.
Adam Lambert has seen more monumental moments than most -- chief among them: coming in second on American Idol -- and this week, the glam rocker adds another to his long list of achievements: his first No. 1 album.
Trespassing, which was released on May 15, moved 77,181 copies in its first week out, says a rep for the singer citing Nielsen SoundScan data. That's good for the much coveted top spot on the Billboard 200, besting the likes of Adele, Carrie Underwood and Norah Jones.
To promote the album, Lambert has appeared on Idol, where he performed his new single, "Never Close Our Eyes," as well as Jimmy Kimmel Live! and scores of radio station-sponsored concerts.
Last week, The Hollywood Reporter asked Lambert what a No. 1 album would mean to him. Hear his response below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Taylor Swift Performs 'This Is What You Came For' During Only Concert in 2016, Giving the People That For Which They Came — More or Less
- In a Move You Can Probably Domo Arigato Mr. Robot for, NBC Is Adapting Hacker Film Sneakers
- Sky Ferreira to Do a Lot of Rockin’ and Headbangin’ in a Black Metal Film
- Ryan Gosling Was Almost Cast on Gilmore Girls, and Other Things We Learned From the Show’s Fan Fest
- Josh Hartnett Says He'd Love 'Penny Dreadful' to Return for Another Season! (Video)
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement (Report)
- Celebrities React to Chicago Cubs Making it to the World Series for the First Time Since 1945!
- Katie Holmes Fuels Up On Coffee After 'LA Weekly' Meeting