'Idol Hangover': Power Couple Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo on Finding Love After 'American Idol' (Video)
Plus: the former finalists talk season 11 favorites and fill us in on their plans to perform this summer in an all-star Idol revue.
We’re months away from the next Valentine’s Day, but on this week’s special episode of Idol Hangover, American Idol power couple Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo join music editor Shirley Halperin in the THR cover lounge.
The two show alums (she was runner-up on season 3, he came in sixth on season 5) talk about how they first met -- in appropriate fairy tale fashion, at Walt Disney World -- then reunited on the stage for the Broadway revival of Hair. That’s when they got to know each other much more intimately, thanks to several scenes where both had to be buck-naked.
Certainly “feeling the wind in every crevice of your body,” as Ace described the sensation on stage, can change a man, but now dating for two years and currently cohabitating in Los Angeles, perhaps that’s proof positive that the couple who works together stays together…
Also on deck: a chat about their season 11 favorites, plans to perform this summer in The Finalists Live, an all-star Idol revue set to kick off in at The Andy Williams Moon River theater in Branson, Missouri, and perhaps write the next big hit about a freeway Angelenos know and loathe.
That’s all in part 1 of this week’s episode (watch it below). In part 2, special correspondents and season 9 finalists Didi Benami and Katie Stevens help recap the week’s 5 trending topics. Tune in for that later in the day.
A programming note: former American Idol musical director Rickey Minor, who was scheduled to be Idol Hangover's second guest, had to postpone his appearance.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!