'American Idol': Season 5's Ace Young Proposes to Season 3's Diana DeGarmo On Finale Stage
After a live proposal, set up by host Ryan Seacrest, the "Idol" couple who recently moved in together is heading to the altar.
American Idol power couple Ace Young and Diana DeGargmo made it official on tonight’s Season 11 finale broadcast.
A visibly nervous and long-haired Young popped the question to his unsuspecting significant other in one of the most romantic moments in Idol history.
"Diana -- we have conquered Broadway together; we have created all your new music together,” Young said to a teary-eyed DeGarmo, who came in second on season 3. “ We have an amazing group of people around us, and, with the help of David Webb Jewelry, I have a way to make this fun last forever."
“You’re my best friend,” Young, who competed on season 5, told a teary-eyed DeGarmo as he dropped to one knee. “I want to make this last forever, and I will do everything in my power to have the most imaginable amazing life together.”
Watch Ace and Diana talk about how they found love after Idol on the May 4 episode of THR’s original web show Idol Hangover below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Aretha Franklin On New Covers Album: 'I Don't Think I Have Ever Been As Excited As I Am Now'
- This First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch In 'The Hollow Crown' Is Everything
- Rosamund Pike Dishes On Her 'Gone Girl' Sex Scene With Neil Patrick Harris
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' Trailer Looks Like A Total Brain Pleaser
- The Walking Dead's Andrew Lincoln & Norman Reedus Fly Into LA Ahead of Season 5!
- Lena Dunham Opens Up About a College Date Rape Experience
- Matthew McConaughey Gets Inspiring & Philosophical with the Texas Longhorns Football Team - Watch Now!
- Hugh Jackman Joins #FeelingNuts Campaign & Grabs Himself for Testicular Cancer