Adam Lambert Donates Birthday to Charity
The season eight alum is using a special occasion -- his birthday -- to raise funds for global cultural diversity.
Adam Lambert is turning 31 years old on Tuesday, and the birthday boy has donated his special day to the We Are Family Foundation. He is encouraging fans to donate $31 to the foundation, a non-profit that promotes cultural diversity around the globe.
In exchange for a donation, WAFF will send instructions on how one could record a ten second birthday greeting for the American Idol season eight alum. Those who donate less than $31 will still be able to wish him a "Happy Birthday" by signing the "world's biggest" birthday card.
As of Sunday night, donations have already surpassed $16,000, the foundation wrote on Twitter.
Lambert will be honored this Thursday as the recipient of the Unity Award at the We Are Family 2012 Celebration Gala, hosted by Rosie Perez and Toure at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. He will perform a show with Nile Rodgers. Additional guests include Taylor Dayne, Grandmaster Melle Mel, Sam Sparrow, Russell Peters and Kathy Sledge.
We at Idol Worship want to take this opportunity to wish Adam a fantastic birthday week!
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Ben Affleck Casts Chris Messina to Play His Friend (Just Like You’ve Always Wanted to Do)
- The Knocks and Glee’s Alex Newell Slay the Dance Floor in Their ‘Collect My Love’ Video
- Justin Bieber Will Be on The Tonight Show for a Whole Week (Because He Knows You Need Him After a Hard Day, Baby)
- AMC Is Planning a Stand-alone Episode of Zombies on a Plane
- Dylan Penn Shares Tea Time with DJs Sama & Haya at Just Jared's 'Way Too Wonderland' Presented by Ever After High
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: I Had a Sheltered Upbringing
- Jaden Smith Makes It a Boys' Night Out at Just Jared's Wonderland Party
- Jennifer Lopez: 'Clothes Are an Expression of the Music I Create'