Adam Lambert on What a No. 1 Album Would Mean to Him (Video)
THR’s "American Idol" correspondent Didi Benami talked "Trespassing" and the Final Two with the glam rocker backstage after Thursday's show.
Adam Lambert graced the American Idol stage on Thursday's results show with a colorful performance of "Never Close Our Eyes," from his new album Trespassing.
After the show, the glam rocker caught up with judges Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson then greeted the press, including THR’s special Idol correspondent and season 9 alum Didi Benami.
“This has been my obsession over the past year and a half,” said Lambert of Trespassing. And for good reason: he co-wrote most of the songs and served as the executive producer on the album which is expected to land at the top spot on the Billboard 200 (with sales of 70,000 to 80,000 units according to retail estimates).
“I’m not so much concerned about the chart," Lambert said. "I’m more flattered and validated by fans and critics having such a good time listening to it."
Lambert also discussed how, three years after he came in second on Idol's season 8, fan wars still flare up. “Fandom is a beautiful thing as long as it’s positive," he said. "But when it turns negative, it just seems like such a waste of energy to me."
Watch the video above for more on these and other topics, including his thoughts on the two remaining finalists, Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez, eliminated contestant Joshua Ledet, whom Lambert describes as "phenomenal," and a special shout-out to his beloved "Glamberts."
And check out Lambert's performance of "Never Close Our Eyes" below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport