'American Idol's' Adam Lambert Debuts New Look, Single on 'The Tonight Show' (Video)
The Season 8 grad performed his new song "Better Than I Know Myself" on the Jan. 17 show.
It's been a long wait, but countless Adam Lambert fans are rejoicing tonight.
The American Idol season 8 runner-up chose Jay Leno's Tonight Show to debut his new single, "Better Than I Know Myself." The song has been available digitally since December 20, but it was Lambert's first live performance of the track written in part by Dr. Luke and Claude Kelly (an appearance on The Ellen Degeneres Show is also scheduled for later this week).
The slim and surprisingly makeup-light singer was in fine form for the vocally-challenging song, which stretches the upper limits of even Lambert's super-high register. Clearly well-rehearsed and no doubt eager to get the promotional cycle started -- Trespassing, which THR named one of its 12 most anticipated albums of 2012, is due out on March 20 -- Lambert didn't fudge a note and looked smashing in the process, complete with new spikier hair 'do.
Check out the performance below and let us know what you think:
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead