'American Idol's' Adam Lambert Debuts New Look, Single on 'The Tonight Show' (Video)
The Season 8 grad performed his new song "Better Than I Know Myself" on the Jan. 17 show.
It's been a long wait, but countless Adam Lambert fans are rejoicing tonight.
The American Idol season 8 runner-up chose Jay Leno's Tonight Show to debut his new single, "Better Than I Know Myself." The song has been available digitally since December 20, but it was Lambert's first live performance of the track written in part by Dr. Luke and Claude Kelly (an appearance on The Ellen Degeneres Show is also scheduled for later this week).
The slim and surprisingly makeup-light singer was in fine form for the vocally-challenging song, which stretches the upper limits of even Lambert's super-high register. Clearly well-rehearsed and no doubt eager to get the promotional cycle started -- Trespassing, which THR named one of its 12 most anticipated albums of 2012, is due out on March 20 -- Lambert didn't fudge a note and looked smashing in the process, complete with new spikier hair 'do.
Check out the performance below and let us know what you think:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Meek Mill Returns With More Drake Disses — Yes, Really — on Another 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Rose Byrne, Seth Rogen Do Sidewalk Lion King Musical With James Corden; Rogen Absolutely Nails His Role as 'The Moon'
- 1 Dead, at Least 3 More Injured After Shooting at T.I. Concert [Updated]
- The Americans Recap: One Tough Mother
- Karlie Kloss Shines With 'Swaroski' at the Top of the Rock
- The Weeknd Cancels 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' Performance Due to Donald Trump Appearance
- Claire Danes & Rupert Friend Attend 'Homeland' Emmy Event
- Hacker Pleads Guilty to Stealing Private Photos From Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, & More Celebrities