Aerosmith Reacts to Steven Tyler Leaving 'American Idol'
Bassist Tom Hamilton says another season of Tyler judging the Fox singing competition would have "slowed us down."
Aerosmith bassist Tom Hamilton says singer Steven Tyler's decision to quit his side gig as an American Idol judge was a relief to the band.
"The thing is, it turned out to be quite a demand on his time," Hamilton said in an interview with Classic Rock magazine.
He added that the show became a bone of contention in band meetings.
"The whole plan of how we were going to deal with Idol is something we hammered out last year. It almost got to the point of using real hammers," he said.
Hamilton said that Tyler's time screening candidates and appearing on the live shows didn't necessarily hinder the recording process for their forthcoming CD, Music From Another Dimension. The CD will feature appearances by Johnny Depp and Julian Lennon.
"What would have slowed us down is if we released the album and only had a few weeks to tour behind it," said Hamilton. "What pleases me most is that if we want to extent the tour we can now do it."
Aerosmith is on tour this summer with Cheap Trick. The band will appear 7:30 p.m. Aug. 1 at the Pepsi Center in Denver.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
- The Fight Over Prince’s Estate Continues to Be a Purple-Tinged Nightmare
- Bob Dylan Is Releasing a 36-Disc Set of 1966 Live Albums to Go Immediately on Your Christmas List
- Patton Oswalt Discusses Losing His Wife Michelle McNamara: ‘My ’80s Sitcom Sucks. There’s No Punch Lines.’
- Rob Kardashian Leaks Kylie Jenner's Phone Number: More Details Revealed
- Emily Blunt & John Krasinski Head to Dinner at Jennifer Aniston & Justin Theroux's Apartment
- Who Won Presidential Debate 2016? Experts Weigh In on Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump
- Pregnant Katherine Heigl Checks Out Husband Josh Kelley's Concert