'American Idol' Alum Anthony Fedorov in Tokyo: 'It's Pretty Crazy Out Here'
The Season 4 finalist, who's traveling with the touring production of 'Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat,' was in a Tokyo movie theater when the 8.9 magnitude quake hit. He reports that "all public transportation has shut down."
This time last year, it was Season 5's Elliott Yamin who experienced an 8.8 magnitude earthquake while performing in Chile. On the evening of March 11, American Idol Season 4 alum Anthony Fedorov was some 200 miles away from Japan's 8.9 quake's center, inside a Tokyo movie theater watching Beauty And The Beast in Japanese.
"It's pretty crazy out here," Fedorov, who's in Japan starring a production of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, tells the Hollywood Reporter's Idol Worship. "Just before the end of the movie's first act, the entire theater started shaking... The balcony above us was shaking... Everyone went outside and we were allowed back into the theater, but there was an after shock and then they cancelled the show."
Fedorov reports that "other than taxis, all public transportation shut down." His last communication to THR was from the city's enormous glass-structured Tokyo International Forum, where he and cast members were waiting to go back to their hotel. "Luckily we are all okay," he said.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Partner, Let Me Upgrade You: Hulu Finally Offers a Commercial-Free Option
- Two of Your Favorite TV Actresses Might Be in the New Star Wars
- Samantha Bee’s Full Frontal Teaser Has the Cojones Needed to Take on Those Late-Night Dudes
- Jon Stewart Only Has Great Things to Say About Stephen Colbert and His Late Show Gig
- Kate Upton Walks the Edge of the CN Tower with Boyfriend Justin Verlander
- Freida Pinto, Jenna Dewan & Rosario Dawson Celebrate The A List 15th Anniversary!
- Rihanna's Rumored Love Interest Lewis Hamilton Speaks to Dating Rumors
- Miranda Lambert & Jake Owen Perform at ACM Honors 2015 Following Their Splits