'American Idol' Alum Anthony Fedorov in Tokyo: 'It's Pretty Crazy Out Here'
The Season 4 finalist, who's traveling with the touring production of 'Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat,' was in a Tokyo movie theater when the 8.9 magnitude quake hit. He reports that "all public transportation has shut down."
This time last year, it was Season 5's Elliott Yamin who experienced an 8.8 magnitude earthquake while performing in Chile. On the evening of March 11, American Idol Season 4 alum Anthony Fedorov was some 200 miles away from Japan's 8.9 quake's center, inside a Tokyo movie theater watching Beauty And The Beast in Japanese.
"It's pretty crazy out here," Fedorov, who's in Japan starring a production of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat, tells the Hollywood Reporter's Idol Worship. "Just before the end of the movie's first act, the entire theater started shaking... The balcony above us was shaking... Everyone went outside and we were allowed back into the theater, but there was an after shock and then they cancelled the show."
Fedorov reports that "other than taxis, all public transportation shut down." His last communication to THR was from the city's enormous glass-structured Tokyo International Forum, where he and cast members were waiting to go back to their hotel. "Luckily we are all okay," he said.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- The Notorious B.I.G.’s Hypnotizing Lyrics Have Inspired a New Scripted Comedy on TBS
- Blake Shelton Would Really Rather Not Talk About How He Might Be Voting for Trump
- Nick Jonas Is in Talks for New Jumanji Movie
- Leicester City’s Historic Premier League Win to Be Adapted Into a Film; It’s Pronounced Less-Ter, Thanks for Asking
- Blake Shelton Says Gwen Stefani Saved His Life, Clears Up Donald Trump Endorsement Report
- JoJo: 'F**k Apologies' (Feat. Wiz Khalifa) Music Video & Lyrics - WATCH NOW!
- Lauren Conrad Returns for 'The Hills' 10th Anniversary Special - Watch the First Promo Here!
- Caitlyn Jenner Opens Up in Inspiring 'H&M' Campaign 'For Every Victory'