'American Idol' Alum David Archuleta to Fans: 'I'm Not Dead' (Video)
The season seven runner-up promises new music is on the way.
American Idol alum David Archuleta has a message for his fans: “I’m not dead.”
The season seven runner-up, who recently returned from a mission in Chile with his church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, posted a new vlog on YouTube to discuss his new path in the music business.
“I’m still here,” he said. “I’m still alive [and not being] lazy sitting around my house.”
Archuleta, 23, said he is “working” and writing new music, but he is going to be in control of his own future and not beholden to “higher-ups” as he was in the past. “The mission helped me not be so self-conscious,” he said.
He added that after two years of charity work, the shallowness of the Los Angeles lifestyle disturbed him.
“It freaked me out,” he said. “ To come back to the entertainment world where it’s all about you and how important you are, and letting everybody know that.”
Archuleta said he found “amazing, talented people” in his home state of Utah, and teased an upcoming trip where he will be working on new music with the musicians he described as "hidden gems."
He concluded that he will not share the music just yet, as he wants it “to be right,” but welcomes feedback via Twitter and his new Instagram page.
Watch Archuleta's vlog below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Arthur Miller's A View From the Bridge; A Masterfully Presented Classic at Seattle Rep
- Seattle Public Theater's Bad Jews; An Entertaining & Intriguing Look at Modern Religion & Tradition
- 7 Studio Jobs That Can Get Screenwriters Closer to Their Dreams
- Sandra Bullock Shares Concerns For Raising Black Son
- Rosie O'Donnell's Daughter Chelsea Breaks Her Silence About Running Away in Revealing Interview
- Jim Carrey's Girlfriend Cathriona White Married to Mark Burton at Time of Her Death
- Morena Baccarin Displays Her Tiny Baby Bump After Announcing Pregnancy News
- ABC Family to Be Called 'Freeform' Staring January 2016