'American Idol' Alum Josh Gracin, Feared to Have Committed Suicide, Is Alive
The season two finalist left a disturbing note on his Facebook page
In an increasingly disturbing trend, another American Idol alum was thought to have died unexpectedly, until police found the former contestant alive, if not so well.
Josh Gracin, who competed on season two of the Fox show, left a disturbing note on his Facebook page on Aug. 14 (screen-grabbed here on Taste of Country), in which he wrote, "Please remember me as someone who gave his all in music" and "pray for my family as they carry on in this world without me."
No sooner did the word start to spread on social media did the police show up to his home and confirm that he did not commit suicide. Gracin's manager later tweeted from his handle, "Josh is safe & with his family now. I promise to update soon."
Gracin won America's heart, but finished fourth on the 2003 edition of the once popular series. His backstory as a Marine who loved to sing helped endear him to millions.
Following the show, he was signed to Lyric Street Records and would go on to chart 11 singles on the Hot Country Songs chart, including the No. 1 "Nothin' To Lose" in 2005. His self-titled debut album, released in 2004, hit No. 2 on the Top Country Albums chart and No. 11 on the Billboard 200. It sold 705,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan. He followed it with two further albums, 2008's We Weren't Crazy (No. 4 on Country Albums) and 2011's Redemption (No. 39 on Country Albums).
News of another Idol death would have further pained an already suffering community, which lost one of its own, season seven alum Michael Johns, on Aug. 2. The cause of death remains unknown with an autopsy proving inconclusive.
This is Josh's manager, Amy. Thank you everyone for your prayers & concern. Josh is safe & with his family now. I promise to update soon.
— Josh Gracin (@joshgracin) August 14, 2014
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Watch the Fantastic Four Cast Weather These Ignorant Interview Questions
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé on Donna’s Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn’t a Bigger Hit
- Mitt Romney Is Going to Be Pissed If There Are No Pancakes on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- Tom Cruise Promotes 'Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation' After Box Office Win!
- January Jones, Kiernan Shipka & Jon Hamm Have 'Mad Men' Reunion At Oceana's SeaChange Party
- These Photos of the 'Fantastic Four' Cast Holding Hands in NYC Are Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Killer Bikini Body in New Selfie