'American Idol's' Kris Allen Welcomes a Son
"Best day of my life," tweeted the season eight winner of the birth of his "little stud," Oliver.
American Idol season eight winner Kris Allen and his wife, Katy, welcomed a baby boy to the world on July 30, reports Us Weekly.
The couple are proud first-time parents to Oliver Neil, who weighed in at 7-pounds, 7-ounces.
"Mom and baby are doing great," said a rep for the Allens.
Ever the beaming father, Allen took to Twitter in his typically adorable fashion, tweeting "Happy Day!!!! My little stud was born today. Oliver is here people!"
The 28-year-old singer also shared a picture of himself in the delivery room awaiting his son's arrival. "My outfit for the day," he wrote, followed by the hash-tag "#bestdayofmylife."
Allen first revealed the that he and his wife were expecting back in January after the family was involved in a serious car accident.
"Thank you, Ford, for equipping me with a car that kept my whole family and the little one we have on the way safe," he tweeted at the time. "Yes, I got in a really bad wreck tonight, and yes, I'm having a lil baby."
All of us at The Hollywood Reporter's Idol Worship would like to extend warm congratulations to the Allens, and welcome Oliver to ever-growing Idol family.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!