'American Idol' Alum Lee DeWyze to Release New Music in June (Video)
The season nine winner's first single with Vanguard Records is titled "Silver Lining."
American Idol season nine winner Lee DeWyze will release a brand new song, "Silver Lining," this June as part of his new deal with Vanguard Records, according to a news release.
“Vanguard is the right fit for me -- no question,” DeWyze said. “The company has a family feel and a lot of integrity. They care about who they sign, and they’re really focused on the music. You might think they would’ve had certain expectations because of Idol, but that wasn’t the case at all. It was just, ‘We love the music -- let’s do this.’ There’s a mutual trust, and that’s a very cool thing."
For his sophomore release, DeWyze worked with producers/songwriters Toby Gad, Drew Pearson, Jim Scott, Matthew Wilder and Phil Allen. The single will ship to Triple A radio on June 10, and will be available for download on iTunes the next day.
DeWyze will begin a tour April 18 at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, with additional dates in Chicago; Gettysburg, Pa.; Columbus, Ohio; Ann Arbor, Mich.; Indianapolis; and Nashville.
Watch an acoustic version of "Silver Lining" below.
Twitter: @Idol_Worship; @Michele Amabile
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Jon Stewart: Donald Trump Is Exactly The Opposite Of What The GOP Was Looking For
- Artist Reimagines Disney Princes And Princesses As Real People, Will Almost Certainly Make You Swoon
- Jon Snow Is 'Dead Is Dead Is Dead,' Says HBO Exec; Still, Doubts Linger
- Ryan Seacrest’s 'Knock Knock Live' Axed After Just 2 Episodes
- Read How Martin Luther King Jr. Affected Star Trek and Nichelle Nichols's Career
- Rock Series from Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger Finally Gets Its Name
- Ice T Voices Papa Smurf, Slaps Another Smurf in the Face, and Then Laughs About It
- Watch Marty Throw a Temper Tantrum After Watching True Detective's Second Season