'American Idol' Alum Scotty McCreery Victimized in Home Invasion
"It was definitely a very scary night," wrote the season-10 winner on his Facebook page.
Scotty McCreery was the victim of a home invasion robbery early Monday morning in Raleigh, N.C., the American Idol season-10 winner confirmed.
According to the website Taste of Country, McCreery and his friends were held at gunpoint by three armed men just before 2 a.m. The suspects reportedly took cash, wallets and electronic items. The apartment did not belong to McCreery, said the report.
The 20-year-old Garner native had just finished his second year at North Carolina State, and was on a break after finishing exams.
McCreery posted an update to his Twitter and Facebook pages earlier today addressing the incident.
"Yes, it was definitely a very scary night. Luckily, my friends and I are safe and the Raleigh PD is on the case," he wrote. "I will share more when the time is right, but as of now we do not want to do or say anything that could hinder the investigation. Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support. A huge thank-you to the Raleigh PD for their quick response and hard work in solving this case."
McCreery is going back out on tour this Friday, with a stop in Bakersfield, Calif.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Shades Of Blue, Tiger Eyes & Beyond: Chatting with Joe Bonamassa, Jim Peterik and Sondre Lerche
- 'South Park' Completely Trolls Washington Redskins With In-Game Ad Ripping Team Name
- Hell on Wheels: Recent Season Four Episode Seven Delivers!
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Reveals Everything Wrong With Our Current Political Class
- Camilla Belle & Max Greenfield Support 'L.A. Loves Alex's Lemonade' Fundraiser
- Pregnant Hayden Panettiere Has Fun at Food & Wine Festival After Nude Pics Leak
- Rosario Dawson, Luke Evans, & Ashley Madekwe Support amfAR's Important Cause in Milan
- Leonardo DiCaprio Awarded at Global Citizen Awards, Raps 'Scenario' Alongside Jamie Foxx - Watch the Amazing Video!