'American Idol' Alum Siobhan Magnus Makes Vocal Cameo for Local Musical (Video)
The season nine favorite sings a stirring rendition of the ballad "Someday," penned for the play "The Reluctant Dragon."
American Idol season nine alum Siobhan Magnus returned to the beloved musical of her youth this week.
The Barnstable, Massachusetts native performed for the Summer Family Theatre production of The Reluctant Dragon, singing a recorded version of the play's central ballad, "Someday."
The Idol favorite took part in a previous version of the play in 2011, in honor of Barnstable high school drama teacher, John Sullivan, who retired that year. For that performance, which featured many of Sullivan’s former students, Magnus played the more grown-up role of the wife of a greedy innkeeper. The original play, written in 1898, has been adapted steadily by Sullivan since he first staged it in 1988.
This week, the 23-year old singer appears in a proper video singing the show’s sweet and hopeful "Someday," composed by Andrew Rapo with lyrics by Clayton Stang.
It's a song Magnus can get behind, especially the verse, "I wished upon a shooting star / To be someone who travels far."
Watch Siobhan Magnus perform "Someday" in the video below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- These Optical Illusions Are Actually Humans Masked in Body Paint
- The Night Of Recap: A Twist of the Knife
- Freida Pinto Will Be Leaping From ‘Political Activism to Radical Militancy’ in New Mini-series Guerrilla
- Watch a J-pop Cover of the Ghostbusters Theme; Pray for J-pop Covers of Every Movie Theme
- Ghostbusters' Leslie Jones Says No Designer Will Dress Her for Movie's Premiere
- What Does Calvin Harris Think of Taylor Swift Meeting Tom Hiddleston's Mom?
- Rob Gronkowski Defends Ben Affleck's Deflategate Rant: 'I Couldn't Agree with Him More'
- Prince Harry Joins Joss Stone At Basotho Youth Choir Rehearsal!