'American Idol' Alums Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo Get Married
The couple said "I do" at Los Angeles' Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel on June 1.
American Idol can now officially claim its own first couple. On Saturday, June 1, season five finalist Ace Young married longtime girlfriend and season three runner-up Diana DeGarmo.
The afternoon ceremony at Los Angeles’ Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel was officiated by Hollywood Reporter contributor Fred Bronson, who read the lyrics to John Lennon's "Grow Old With Me" from a sunflower-bedecked altar. "It was solemn in places, funny in others," said Bronson the day after. "Lots of tears; lots of laughs. It was an uplifting, celebratory vibe throughout."
Some 230 guests were in attendance including fellow Idol alums Elliott Yamin, Kevin Covais and Michael Johns. Associate musical director Michael Orland was also present along with Fox executive Wenda Fong and DeGarmo's The Young and the Restless co-stars Christian LeBlanc and Tracey Bregman.
DeGarmo, 25, wore a Sareh Nouri gown. Her brother David, who had been deployed to Afghanistan, walked the bride down the aisle. Filet mignon, salmon and pumpkin ravioli were on the menu at the reception as well as three wedding cakes -- one shaped like a guitar and baked by Duff Goldman of Food Network's Ace of Cakes.
The couple wrote their own vows and chose Led Zeppelin’s “All My Love” as their recessional music. Following the first dance, a song they recorded called “Here and Now,” Young and his mother Kay took the dance floor for the Beatles' "In My Life."
Adds Bronson: "Many guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to."
The couple started dating while co-starring in the Broadway revival of Hair in 2010. “We were inseparable,” Young, 32, told THR of their time in New York. “We had breakfast, lunch and dinner together every day. I instantly knew I had a best friend.”
After recruiting Ryan Seacrest as a co-conspirator, Young proposed to DeGarmo onstage during the American Idol season 11 finale. “I want to make this last forever,” he told his bride-to-be, “and I will do everything in my power to have the most imaginable amazing life together.”
The two reside in Los Angeles.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- You Can Stock Your Bar With Whiskey Glasses Don Draper Actually Used
- Watch Jay Pharoah Imitate Eddie Murphy, Kevin Hart And Stewie Griffin
- Will Descendants become the Disney Channel's next big franchise? Kenny Ortega sure hopes that it does
- Jon Stewart: Donald Trump Is Exactly The Opposite Of What The GOP Was Looking For
- Before You Leave Town for the Weekend, Gaze in Horror at This Summer-Traffic Composite
- The End of the Tour Is Like Spending Two Hours With David Foster Wallace
- Read How Martin Luther King Jr. Affected Star Trek and Nichelle Nichols’s Career
- Rock Series From Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger Finally Gets Its Name