'American Idol' Alums Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo Get Married
The couple said "I do" at Los Angeles' Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel on June 1.
American Idol can now officially claim its own first couple. On Saturday, June 1, season five finalist Ace Young married longtime girlfriend and season three runner-up Diana DeGarmo.
The afternoon ceremony at Los Angeles’ Luxe Sunset Boulevard hotel was officiated by Hollywood Reporter contributor Fred Bronson, who read the lyrics to John Lennon's "Grow Old With Me" from a sunflower-bedecked altar. "It was solemn in places, funny in others," said Bronson the day after. "Lots of tears; lots of laughs. It was an uplifting, celebratory vibe throughout."
Some 230 guests were in attendance including fellow Idol alums Elliott Yamin, Kevin Covais and Michael Johns. Associate musical director Michael Orland was also present along with Fox executive Wenda Fong and DeGarmo's The Young and the Restless co-stars Christian LeBlanc and Tracey Bregman.
DeGarmo, 25, wore a Sareh Nouri gown. Her brother David, who had been deployed to Afghanistan, walked the bride down the aisle. Filet mignon, salmon and pumpkin ravioli were on the menu at the reception as well as three wedding cakes -- one shaped like a guitar and baked by Duff Goldman of Food Network's Ace of Cakes.
The couple wrote their own vows and chose Led Zeppelin’s “All My Love” as their recessional music. Following the first dance, a song they recorded called “Here and Now,” Young and his mother Kay took the dance floor for the Beatles' "In My Life."
Adds Bronson: "Many guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to."
The couple started dating while co-starring in the Broadway revival of Hair in 2010. “We were inseparable,” Young, 32, told THR of their time in New York. “We had breakfast, lunch and dinner together every day. I instantly knew I had a best friend.”
After recruiting Ryan Seacrest as a co-conspirator, Young proposed to DeGarmo onstage during the American Idol season 11 finale. “I want to make this last forever,” he told his bride-to-be, “and I will do everything in my power to have the most imaginable amazing life together.”
The two reside in Los Angeles.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay