'American Idol' Alums Scotty McCreery, Pia Toscano Team Up for Christmas Duet
The Season 10 finalists took the stage at McCreery's New York City concert, which doubled as a fundraiser for Hurricane Sandy relief.
American Idol winner Scotty McCreery is the latest show alum to offer aid to Hurricane Sandy victims -- and he invited fellow season 10 finalist Pia Toscano on stage for the occasion.
McCreery's Friday night show at the Beacon Theatre in New York City was already a spirited event, as the North Carolina country singer performed selections from his Christmas-themed album, Christmas With Scotty. Perhaps taking a cue from season four winner Carrie Underwood, who donated the profits from her Atlantic City concert to New Jersey's "Restore The Shore" efforts, the 19-year old announced that a portion of ticket sales will go to World Vision’s Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
"Being from North Carolina, I have seen firsthand what hurricanes can do," he said in a statement prior to the show. "After seeing the devastation caused by Sandy, I wanted to figure out a way to help. ... And given that we have a show at the Beacon Theater the day after Thanksgiving, I thought ‘why not turn that New York show into a benefit?’”
To celebrate the holiday season, McCreery treated fans to a duet of "Let It Snow" with Toscano, herself a native of Queens. He then encouraged all in attendance to give. "Every little bit helps," said McCreery pointing to a donations table set up in the lobby. "We're just trying to make this a little bit better for those families out there."
Watch the performance below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Movie Review: A Walk Among the Tombstones
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!