Aretha Franklin: I'll Judge 'American Idol'
With everyone from Mariah Carey to Adam Lambert being served up as potential season 12 judges, the Queen of Soul throws her hat in the ring.
Could the American Idol judges' table be getting a big dose of R-E-S-P-E-C-T? If Aretha Franklin has her way, it will.
The Queen of Soul emailed CNN over the weekend and volunteered her judging services to the FOX show with one caveat -- she wants Patti LaBelle at her side.
The 18-time Grammy winner said she's a longtime fan of the show. And considering one of her signature songs -- "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" -- is an Idol favorite going back to season one when Kelly Clarkson performed the classic and knocked it out of the park -- it certainly seems that Franklin’s expertise could be beneficial to future contestants.
What do you think Idol Worshippers? Would Franklin and LaBelle be a good team alongside Randy Jackson -- or someone else?
And watch a clip of Clarkson performing "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" below:
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead