Aretha Franklin: I'll Judge 'American Idol'
With everyone from Mariah Carey to Adam Lambert being served up as potential season 12 judges, the Queen of Soul throws her hat in the ring.
Could the American Idol judges' table be getting a big dose of R-E-S-P-E-C-T? If Aretha Franklin has her way, it will.
The Queen of Soul emailed CNN over the weekend and volunteered her judging services to the FOX show with one caveat -- she wants Patti LaBelle at her side.
The 18-time Grammy winner said she's a longtime fan of the show. And considering one of her signature songs -- "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" -- is an Idol favorite going back to season one when Kelly Clarkson performed the classic and knocked it out of the park -- it certainly seems that Franklin’s expertise could be beneficial to future contestants.
What do you think Idol Worshippers? Would Franklin and LaBelle be a good team alongside Randy Jackson -- or someone else?
And watch a clip of Clarkson performing "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman" below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Jared Padalecki’s Dean to Return for Gilmore Girls Revival; Christopher and Doyle Are Back, Too!
- A Fascinating, Heartbreaking Sequence in Touched With Fire, the New Katie Holmes Movie About Bipolar Disorder
- Batman v Superman Final Trailer: Let’s Get to the Good Stuff, Shall We?
- Pretty Little Liars’ Janel Parrish on the Mona vs. Spencer Rivalry
- Kristen Stewart & Nicholas Hoult Get Steamy in the Shower in First Offical 'Equals' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Ciara & Allison Williams Celebarte Keds' Centennial Year!
- Ryan Reynolds Reveals He Played 'Let's Get It On' While Blake Lively Was in Labor!
- Tobey Maguire & Wife Jennifer Meyer Bring Kids Ruby & Otis to Saint Laurent Show at the Palladium