'American Idol' Announces 10-City Small Town Audition Tour
The show will add a "Nominate an Idol" feature and online auditions for the new season.
The American Idol audition process is getting an extreme makeover, as Fox announced a “Small Town Auditon Bus Tour” on Monday.
In an additional twist, the show will add a “Nominate an Idol” feature as well as online auditions in an attempt to cast a wider net in the search for stellar talent between the ages of 15-28.
The bus tour, commencing Aug. 1, marks the first time the show will reach out to markets and vocalists unable to afford a trip to the big city auditions. The 10-town mobile tour will make stops in Idaho Falls, ID; Billings, MT; Casper, WY; Rock Rapids, IA; Iowa City, IA; Bowling Green, KY; Clarksdale, MS; Joplin, MO; Dodge City, KA; and Grand Junction, CO, at locations to be announced.
The “Nominate an Idol” program will allow friends and family to nominate a prospective Idol in secret by filling out an online form and submitting an existing video or URL of their “nominee,” a capella. Chosen candidates will then be surprised on location by a film crew and given the chance to advance to the next round of auditions.
Online auditions will be held Aug. 1-14. Hopefuls will have the opportunity to audition by submitting an audition video online with one of the songs from an approved list and performing it a cappella.
Rules and audition forms are available at americanidol.com
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!