'American Idol' Announces 10-City Small Town Audition Tour
The show will add a "Nominate an Idol" feature and online auditions for the new season.
The American Idol audition process is getting an extreme makeover, as Fox announced a “Small Town Auditon Bus Tour” on Monday.
In an additional twist, the show will add a “Nominate an Idol” feature as well as online auditions in an attempt to cast a wider net in the search for stellar talent between the ages of 15-28.
The bus tour, commencing Aug. 1, marks the first time the show will reach out to markets and vocalists unable to afford a trip to the big city auditions. The 10-town mobile tour will make stops in Idaho Falls, ID; Billings, MT; Casper, WY; Rock Rapids, IA; Iowa City, IA; Bowling Green, KY; Clarksdale, MS; Joplin, MO; Dodge City, KA; and Grand Junction, CO, at locations to be announced.
The “Nominate an Idol” program will allow friends and family to nominate a prospective Idol in secret by filling out an online form and submitting an existing video or URL of their “nominee,” a capella. Chosen candidates will then be surprised on location by a film crew and given the chance to advance to the next round of auditions.
Online auditions will be held Aug. 1-14. Hopefuls will have the opportunity to audition by submitting an audition video online with one of the songs from an approved list and performing it a cappella.
Rules and audition forms are available at americanidol.com
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Shaquille O'Neal Unleashes His Inner 'Maniac' With 'Flashdance' Routine On 'Lip Sync Battle'
- People Read #FamousLastTexts Sent To Them By Exes, Hookups And Crushes
- Poland Trying To Extradite Roman Polanski Over 1977 Child Sex Conviction
- Demi Lovato Mourns Her Great-Grandmother In Emotional Instagram Post
- OITNB’s Jenji Kohan Is Producing a Netflix Comedy About an Extremely ’80s Female Wrestling League
- Lauren Conrad’s Returning to The Hills for an Anniversary Special, Because No One Else, No One Else, Can Speak the Words on Her Lips
- Meet the Underappreciated Woman Who Invented X-Men’s Apocalypse
- What’s New on Hulu: June 2016