'American Idol' Alum Brooke White Gives Birth to Baby Girl
The season 7 finalist and her husband of eight years have named their first child London.
American Idol season 7 alum Brooke White gave birth to a baby girl on Thursday, May 24.
The 28-year-old singer and her husband Dave Ray welcomed London into the world at 8 lbs., 12 ounces. Married for eight years, it's the couple's first child and, according to People, was named for one of their favorite cities as well as members of Ray's family who hail from the U.K. White tweeted a photo of her daughter moments after she was born.
White, who is currently performing as one half of folk duo Jack and White, is also chronicling her baby experience on her own blog, brookiebabble.
In 2008 at the age of 24, White reached fifth place on Idol. Rocker David Cook eventually won that season.
Watch Idol Worship contributor Fred Bronson's interview with Jack and White (conducted in December 2011) below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Lady Gaga's 'Joanne' and Eventual World Tour Could Make 2017 Her Biggest Year
- American Film Fans Abide: Six Small Movies Cutting Through the Mediocrity
- Fantasia And Her Huband Respond To 'All Lives Matter' Concert Critics
- Bobby Brown Won’t Rest Until Nick Gordon Is Charged For Bobbi Kristina's Death
- You Can Get Some Satisfaction Watching the Trailer for the Rolling Stones’ Havana Moon
- We Asked Grace Helbig, Hannah Hart, and Mamrie Hart About the Secret to Writing Accurate Female Roles for Dirty 30
- Danny Brown’s New Album Atrocity Exhibition Is Streaming Three Days Early
- 8 Best New Songs of the Week
- Ewan McGregor On His Directing Debut 'American Pastoral': 'The Most Extraordinary Passage Of Time'
- Keri Russell, Julianna Margulies & More Get Glam For Met Opera 'Tristan Und Isolde' Season Opening Performance!
- Diddy Gets Support From Cassie & Family At Boys & Girls Harbor Gala!
- Thandie Newton Had Some Trouble Understanding Donald Trump's Debate Dialogue!