'American Idol': Candice Glover Reveals Huge Gift From Her Hometown
Residents of season 12 finalist's hometown raised money to send her parents to Hollywood.
Wednesday night’s Beatles-themed performance night was an emotional one for American Idol season 12 finalist Candice Glover, who received a priceless gift from the community in her hometown: her parents.
The 23-year old Beaufort, S.C., native was overwhelmed that her friends and neighbors rallied to support the singer’s Idol journey by making sure her biggest fans were in the house.
“My hometown actually raised money so my parents could afford to come out here,” she told The Hollywood Reporter's Idol Worship. “They're really generous when it comes to someone who's from there. I really appreciate it.”
So how did having her family in the audience help Glover on Wednesday night?
“It definitely pushes me to do a better job to know that they're there,” she said. “I'm daddy's little girl. I'm the oldest, but I'm his girl. To see him in the audience and my mom and my grandma and my cousin and all of them rooting for me with the big signs -- even the people all over the stadium with the signs -- it feels great, and it pushes me to do a better job."
Twitter: Idol_Worship, Michele Amabile
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- From Eagles to Jersey Boys: Interviews with Irving Azoff and Bob Gaudio, Plus a John Mark Nelson Exclusive
- Producer Gary Janetti Talks New PBS Sitcom Vicious and LGBT Issues (AUDIO)
- Dog Days of Summer: Teen Wolf Showrunner Jeff Davis Talks Season 4
- 'House Of Cards' Can't Film At UN After Russia Refusal, Diplomats Say
- Jeremy Renner Supports San Francisco 49ers During NFL Offseason!
- Wynter Gordon's The Righteous Young Releases Dreamy Music Video for 'Everything Burns' - Watch Now!
- Louis Zamperini Dead - Angelina Jolie's 'Unbroken' Subject Dies at 97
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Step Out Together for First Time! (Photos)