'American Idol': Candice Glover Reveals Huge Gift From Her Hometown
Residents of season 12 finalist's hometown raised money to send her parents to Hollywood.
Wednesday night’s Beatles-themed performance night was an emotional one for American Idol season 12 finalist Candice Glover, who received a priceless gift from the community in her hometown: her parents.
The 23-year old Beaufort, S.C., native was overwhelmed that her friends and neighbors rallied to support the singer’s Idol journey by making sure her biggest fans were in the house.
“My hometown actually raised money so my parents could afford to come out here,” she told The Hollywood Reporter's Idol Worship. “They're really generous when it comes to someone who's from there. I really appreciate it.”
So how did having her family in the audience help Glover on Wednesday night?
“It definitely pushes me to do a better job to know that they're there,” she said. “I'm daddy's little girl. I'm the oldest, but I'm his girl. To see him in the audience and my mom and my grandma and my cousin and all of them rooting for me with the big signs -- even the people all over the stadium with the signs -- it feels great, and it pushes me to do a better job."
Twitter: Idol_Worship, Michele Amabile
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!