Carrie Underwood Returning to 'American Idol' Stage
The season-four winner will perform her new single on the April 4 results show. Also coming back to the Fox show: season 9 finalist Casey James.
American Idol is bringing in some serious star power for next week's results show as Carrie Underwood returns to the stage.
The season-four winner will perform her new single "See You Again," which she co-wrote with Hillary Lindsey and David Hodges, on the April 4 broadcast. It is the fourth single from her 2012 album, Blown Away.
Underwood last appeared on the Fox show in May when she debuted the single "Blown Away" with her band.
Also returning to the Idol stage for elimination night: season nine's Casey James, who will perform his song, "The Good Life."
The theme of next week's show is classic rock -- but no ballads allowed.
The March 28 results episode of Idol was packed with talent nurtured on the program: season 11 alum Colton Dixon performed as did season-five runner-up (and Smash star) Katharine McPhee, who joined OneRepublic. Also getting in on the action is Idol judge Keith Urban.
Underwood is on her Blown Away tour, which runs through May 23. American Idol's results show airs at 8 p.m. Thursdays on Fox.
Twitter: Idol_Worship; Michele Amabile
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized