Carrie Underwood Returning to 'American Idol' Stage
The season-four winner will perform her new single on the April 4 results show. Also coming back to the Fox show: season 9 finalist Casey James.
American Idol is bringing in some serious star power for next week's results show as Carrie Underwood returns to the stage.
The season-four winner will perform her new single "See You Again," which she co-wrote with Hillary Lindsey and David Hodges, on the April 4 broadcast. It is the fourth single from her 2012 album, Blown Away.
Underwood last appeared on the Fox show in May when she debuted the single "Blown Away" with her band.
Also returning to the Idol stage for elimination night: season nine's Casey James, who will perform his song, "The Good Life."
The theme of next week's show is classic rock -- but no ballads allowed.
The March 28 results episode of Idol was packed with talent nurtured on the program: season 11 alum Colton Dixon performed as did season-five runner-up (and Smash star) Katharine McPhee, who joined OneRepublic. Also getting in on the action is Idol judge Keith Urban.
Underwood is on her Blown Away tour, which runs through May 23. American Idol's results show airs at 8 p.m. Thursdays on Fox.
Twitter: Idol_Worship; Michele Amabile
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Starring Shirtless Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson is Finally Here & It's Super Steamy - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Morrison Arrives On Set for 'Once Upon a Time' & It's Getting Us Pumped for Season Four!
- Karlie Kloss Reveals the Secret to Her Amazing Abs
- Juno Temple Grabs Lunch with Her Mom in NYC After New 'Horns' Poster Released