'American Idol' Castoff Dexter Roberts: On the Hunt for his Own Reality Show
The Alabama native says that, aside from a singing career, his "big dream" is to have a hunting show.
Is Dexter Roberts the next reality TV phenom?
The latest American Idol castoff told reporters on Thursday that -- after a few days of well-deserved rest and relaxation -- he hopes to one day have his own hunting show.
"That's my dream," he mused. "[My] big dream."
Alas, the Alabama native wouldn't be on the hunt for criminals or fellow Idol contestants, he'd be channeling his inner Duck Dynasty, tracking ducks, turkeys and whitetails instead.
"I told my mom if I get kicked off [Idol] sometime, I'm going to get a teepee and go into the woods and just live in the woods for a few days," Roberts said, "just to get away from the city. I'm all about staying in the woods, outdoors and stuff."
Next up for Roberts is Idol's summer tour, which he'll prep for as he pursues a singing and songwriting career in Nashville. Asked when he'd be getting in contact with Florida Georgia Line (the duo reached out and offered their congratulations to the country singer when he covered their hit "Cruise" in the Top 10), Roberts laughed. "Probably right after this interview, when I get my phone charged!"
Let's not forget about that Keith Urban country connection, which could certainly prove useful if Roberts plays his cards right. During his time on the show, the 22-year-old said that Urban's best words of wisdom were "to go out there and have fun; just connect with the audience more. That's what I'm gonna try and do on tour."
Meanwhile, back at Idol, Roberts is counting on fellow prankster Sam Woolf to keep the behind-the-scenes antics going strong. That is, until that tour kicks off on June 24.
"I didn't get to do one last [prank], but on the tour he is getting it," Roberts teased.
Hey, Sam, you might want to watch your back.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Trailer Starring Shirtless Jamie Dornan & Dakota Johnson is Finally Here & It's Super Steamy - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Morrison Arrives On Set for 'Once Upon a Time' & It's Getting Us Pumped for Season Four!
- Karlie Kloss Reveals the Secret to Her Amazing Abs
- Juno Temple Grabs Lunch with Her Mom in NYC After New 'Horns' Poster Released