'American Idol' on the Charts: Adam Lambert Returns With a Lady Gaga Song
The season eight runner-up covers "Marry the Night" for "Glee" and debuts on the Pop Digital Songs tally.
‘NIGHT’ TIME: Adam Lambert doesn’t have a new album out yet but he does return to the Billboard charts this week, thanks to his cover of Lady Gaga’s “Marry the Night,” the song he performed on last week’s “Glee,” which featured songs by Lady Gaga as well as Katy Perry in the episode, “A Katy or a Gaga.”
The original version of “Marry the Night” by Lady Gaga peaked at No. 29 on the Hot 100 in the summer of 2011. Lambert’s remake debuts at No. 39 on the Pop Digital Songs chart.
Lambert made his Billboard chart debut the week of June 6, 2009, when eight of the songs he performed on American Idol all made their first appearances. Four of them bowed on the Hot 100 and four more entered the Bubbling Under the Hot 100 list. The highest-ranked was a cover of “Mad World,” which peaked at No. 19. The following year, Lambert had a bigger hit on the Hot 100 when “Whataya Want from Me” sailed to No. 10.
Counting back to his 2009 debut, Lambert’s chart span is now expanded to four years, five months and two weeks.
BITS AND PIECES: Daughtry’s current single, “Waiting for Superman,” keeps flying up the charts. This week it advances 19-17 on Adult Top 40. The parent album, Baptized, is released on Tuesday and will chart next week… Mandisa’s “Overcomer” is No. 1 for the ninth week on Christian Songs and for the eighth week on Christian Adult Contemporary… Phillip Phillips’ “Gone, Gone, Gone” holds at No. 3 on the Adult Contemporary chart, after rebounding last week…Fantasia’s “Without Me,” featuring Kelly Rowland and Missy Elliott, spends a third week in its peak position of No. 4 on Adult R&B, while her song with Joe, “Love & Sex,” is up 15-13, achieving a new peak position… Kelly Clarkson’s Wrapped in Red falls 3-6 on The Billboard 200 album chart. On Top Holiday Albums, the seasonal set falls to No. 2 as the Duck Dynasty clan takes over the top spot with Duck the Halls: A Robertson Family Christmas.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Arthur Miller's A View From the Bridge; A Masterfully Presented Classic at Seattle Rep
- Seattle Public Theater's Bad Jews; An Entertaining & Intriguing Look at Modern Religion & Tradition
- 7 Studio Jobs That Can Get Screenwriters Closer to Their Dreams
- Sandra Bullock Shares Concerns For Raising Black Son
- Rosie O'Donnell's Daughter Chelsea Breaks Her Silence About Running Away in Revealing Interview
- Jim Carrey's Girlfriend Cathriona White Married to Mark Burton at Time of Her Death
- Morena Baccarin Displays Her Tiny Baby Bump After Announcing Pregnancy News
- ABC Family to Be Called 'Freeform' Staring January 2016