'American Idol' on the Charts: Jennifer Lopez Scores with Official World Cup Song
The popular judge has four more songs performing well on the Billboard tallies. Also: Colton Dixon's first single from forthcoming album makes its debut on the Christian chart.
FIVE FOR FIGHTING: American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez is all over the Billboard charts, with five songs in various states of play. She joins Pitbull and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte on "We Are One (Ole Ola)," the official anthem of the 2014 World Cup, which re-enters The Billboard Hot 100 at No. 59, as World Cup fever rises to a new pitch. The single also returns to Pop Digital Songs at No. 28 and climbs 40 to 31 on Latin Pop Airplay.
Over on Hot Dance Club Play, "I Luh Ya Papi" breaks into the top five with a move from 7 to 5. "Papi" is the first single from Lopez' new album, A.K.A., which will debut on next week's charts. The second single, "First Love," is up 27 to 22 on Mainstream Top 40 and 6 to 2 on Bubbling Under the Hot 100.
Lopez is still doing well on the Latin charts with "Adrenalina," which is credited to Wisin featuring Jennifer Lopez and Ricky Martin. The song holds at No. 2 on Latin Rhythm Digital Songs, jumps 9 to 6 on Hot Latin Songs, stands pat at No. 6 on Latin Rhythm Airplay and breaks into the top 10 with a move of 15 to 10 on Latin Streaming Songs.
Finally, an older Lopez track, "Una Noche Mas," is down 18 to 23 in its 72nd week on Latin Pop Digital Songs.
WANTING 'MORE': Get ready for Colton Dixon's second post-Idol album. The season-11 alum will release Anchor on Aug. 19. There's no wait for the initial single, "More of You," which makes its first showing on a Billboard chart this week by debuting at No. 44 on Christian Airplay.
Dixon is not the only Idol on this chart. Mandisa spends a second week at No. 10 with "Back to You," and Danny Gokey continues to advance with "Hope in Front of Me," which improves, moving from 20 to 17.
BITS AND PIECES: Another big jump for "Somethin' Bad," the Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood duet, which takes a five-point hike on Country Digital Songs, from 12 to 7 ... Phillip Phillips' "Raging Fire" continues to burn hotter on Adult Contemporary, where it travels 17 to 14, while holding at No. 6 on Triple A (Adult Album Alternative) ... Daughtry's latest, "Battleships," continues at No. 35 on Adult Top 40 ... Jennifer Hudson's "Walk It Out" slides 24 to 25 on Adult R&B but earns a bullet for gains over the previous week ... Keith Urban's new single, "Somewhere in My Car," debuts on Country Airplay at No. 59.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- California Just Passed A Law Requiring IMDb To Remove Ages Upon Request
- You’ll Never Find a Better Judi Dench Impression Than in the Trailer for Tracey Ullman’s Show, We Guarantee It
- The Newsroom Meets Mad Men in the First Trailer for Amazon’s Good Girls Revolt
- You Can Now Stream David Bowie’s Previously Unreleased Album The Gouster
- Gigi Hadid Steps Out for 'TommyxGigi' Launch Event in Milan
- Nicole Richie Celebrates Birthday with Joel Madden, Cameron Diaz, Kate Hudson, & More at Disco-Themed Party!
- Adriana Lima & Joan Smalls Hit the Runway at the Bottega Veneta Show during Milan Fashion Week
- Alessandra Ambrosio Lands at LAX After Modeling Abroad