'American Idol' on the Charts: Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood Are Breaking 'Bad'
The country superstars' duet makes major moves on four Billboard tallies. Also: Danny Gokey's first Christian single continues to rise.
'BAD' NEWS: This is a really great week for "Somethin' Bad," the duet by Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood. The two leading ladies of country music find their single making some major moves on four Billboard song charts. Also, their collaboration appears on Lambert's album Platinum, which debuts at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and Top Country Albums.
On the Hot 100, "Bad" rockets from 91 to 55. The track also makes an impressive leap on Hot Country Songs, where it's up 25 to 12 and makes the greatest gain of any title on the chart when it comes to streaming. That explains the No. 13 debut on Country Streaming Songs.
You might even hear "Somethin' Bad" when a nearby phone rings. The song debuts at No. 23 on the Ringtones chart.
'HOPE' AND CHANGE: It's also an outstanding chart week for Danny Gokey's first single in the Christian genre, "Hope in Front of Me." A five-point gain on Christian Digital Songs finds the single breaking into the top 10, with a move of 11 to 6. "Hope" also rises on Hot Christian Songs, where it jumps 17 to 14 and makes the greatest gain of any song on the list. On Christian Airplay, "Hope" ascends 23 to 20 and also makes the greatest gain of all the songs on this chart.
J-LO X 2: Jennifer Lopez is moving up the charts with two different singles. "I Luh Ya Papi" storms Hot Dance Club Play by breaking into the top 10 with a march of 13 to 7, and "First Love" improves 35 to 27 on Mainstream Top 40. Both songs are on her new album A.K.A., set for release on June 17.
LUCY ON THE CHART WITH BULLETS: Lucy Hale, famous for her role in ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars, first came to national attention in 2003 when she competed on the lone season of American Juniors, a kid version of American Idol. This week, her first album, Road Between, bows at No. 4 on Top Country Albums, No. 11 on Top Digital Albums and No. 14 on The Billboard 200.
BITS AND PIECES: Phillip Phillips' "Raging Fire" travels 6 to 4 on Triple A Audience, 8 to 6 on Triple A and 18 to 17 on Adult Contemporary. ... Daughtry's "Battleships" debuts at No. 38 on Adult Top 40. It's from the album Baptized, which re-enters Top Rock Albums at No. 48 and Top Current Albums at No. 156. ... Scotty McCreery's "Feelin' It" is up to No. 38 on Country Airplay and is a re-entry at No. 46 on Hot Country Songs. ... Mandisa's "Back to You" achieves top 10 status on another Billboard chart, jumping 13 to 10 on Christian Airplay. The single moves up 10 to 9 on Christian Hot AC, 16 to 15 on Christian Adult Contemporary and maintains at No. 12 on Hot Christian Songs. ... The parent album, Overcomer, rebounds 33 to 28 on Top Christian Albums. ... Carrie Underwood's Blown Away returns to the Top Country Catalog Albums chart at No. 20.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Meryl Streep Delivers Speech Full Of 'Grit And Grace' For Hillary Clinton
- Chelsea Clinton: Hillary's Nomination Gives Young Girls Something To Dream About
- Khloe Kardashian Ponders A Kris Jenner Presidency, Slams Donald Trump
- Michael Kiwanuka: 'People Expected Me Not To Play Guitar, They Thought It Was Bass'
- Rick and Morty’s Re-creation of an Actual Murder Trial Exchange Just Seems Like a Lost Episode
- DJ Khaled Presents His Major Keys to Success for Hillary Clinton, Who Is Hopefully Taking Frantic Notes
- Is the Present Worse Than Any Fictional, Futuristic Dystopia?
- Here’s Your 2016 Booker Prize Long List
- Kim Kardashian Cradles Blac Chyna's Baby Bump During Night Out - Watch Now!
- Tom Hiddleston Wins 'Rear of the Year' Title for Steamy 'Night Manager' Scene!
- Pippa Middleton Shows Off Her Engagement Ring While Bike Riding Through London
- Khloe Kardashian 'Hated Every Minute' of Donald Trump's 'Celebrity Apprentice'