'American Idol' on the Charts: Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood Are Breaking 'Bad'
The country superstars' duet makes major moves on four Billboard tallies. Also: Danny Gokey's first Christian single continues to rise.
'BAD' NEWS: This is a really great week for "Somethin' Bad," the duet by Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood. The two leading ladies of country music find their single making some major moves on four Billboard song charts. Also, their collaboration appears on Lambert's album Platinum, which debuts at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 and Top Country Albums.
On the Hot 100, "Bad" rockets from 91 to 55. The track also makes an impressive leap on Hot Country Songs, where it's up 25 to 12 and makes the greatest gain of any title on the chart when it comes to streaming. That explains the No. 13 debut on Country Streaming Songs.
You might even hear "Somethin' Bad" when a nearby phone rings. The song debuts at No. 23 on the Ringtones chart.
'HOPE' AND CHANGE: It's also an outstanding chart week for Danny Gokey's first single in the Christian genre, "Hope in Front of Me." A five-point gain on Christian Digital Songs finds the single breaking into the top 10, with a move of 11 to 6. "Hope" also rises on Hot Christian Songs, where it jumps 17 to 14 and makes the greatest gain of any song on the list. On Christian Airplay, "Hope" ascends 23 to 20 and also makes the greatest gain of all the songs on this chart.
J-LO X 2: Jennifer Lopez is moving up the charts with two different singles. "I Luh Ya Papi" storms Hot Dance Club Play by breaking into the top 10 with a march of 13 to 7, and "First Love" improves 35 to 27 on Mainstream Top 40. Both songs are on her new album A.K.A., set for release on June 17.
LUCY ON THE CHART WITH BULLETS: Lucy Hale, famous for her role in ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars, first came to national attention in 2003 when she competed on the lone season of American Juniors, a kid version of American Idol. This week, her first album, Road Between, bows at No. 4 on Top Country Albums, No. 11 on Top Digital Albums and No. 14 on The Billboard 200.
BITS AND PIECES: Phillip Phillips' "Raging Fire" travels 6 to 4 on Triple A Audience, 8 to 6 on Triple A and 18 to 17 on Adult Contemporary. ... Daughtry's "Battleships" debuts at No. 38 on Adult Top 40. It's from the album Baptized, which re-enters Top Rock Albums at No. 48 and Top Current Albums at No. 156. ... Scotty McCreery's "Feelin' It" is up to No. 38 on Country Airplay and is a re-entry at No. 46 on Hot Country Songs. ... Mandisa's "Back to You" achieves top 10 status on another Billboard chart, jumping 13 to 10 on Christian Airplay. The single moves up 10 to 9 on Christian Hot AC, 16 to 15 on Christian Adult Contemporary and maintains at No. 12 on Hot Christian Songs. ... The parent album, Overcomer, rebounds 33 to 28 on Top Christian Albums. ... Carrie Underwood's Blown Away returns to the Top Country Catalog Albums chart at No. 20.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- TMZ: Lamar Odom Found Unconscious At Nevada Brothel
- Eddie Murphy Explains Why He Wouldn't Portray Bill Cosby On 'SNL' Special
- Quentin Tarantino Says He 'Couldn't Care Less' What Black Critics Had To Say About 'Django Unchained'
- This One Guy With 14 Emmy Nominations and a Pizza Started a New TV Network
- The Flaming Lips's Wayne Coyne: Come Get Naked With Me, My Band, and Miley Cyrus
- Jennifer Lawrence Leaves Richard Linklater's Rosie Project; In Talks for Darren Aronofsky Movie
- There's a Will Ferrell-Themed Bar Opening in the LES, So Who Said New York Is Dead?
- Eddie Murphy on Why He Didn’t Play Bill Cosby for SNL’s 40th: ‘There’s Nothing Funny About It’
- Lily-Rose Depp & Mom Vanessa Paradis Step Out for London Exhibition With Cara Delevingne
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious, Fighting for His Life in Las Vegas Hospital
- Josh Hartnett's Pregnant Girlfriend Tamsin Egerton Covers Her Baby Bump on the Red Carpet
- Cubs Win, Send 'Back to the Future' Prophecy One Step Closer!