'American Idol' on the Charts: Phillip Phillips Puts Two Albums on the Billboard 200
Acoustic "iTunes Session" debuts, boosting "The World From the Side of the Moon."
DOUBLE PLAY: Some 16 months after making his Billboard chart debut, Phillip Phillips chalks up another first. He now has two albums appearing on The Billboard 200, thanks to the bow of his acoustic iTunes Session. That digital release enters the chart at No. 148, while the season 11 champ’s first set, The World from the Side of the Moon, is reenergized, bouncing back up the list with a move of 107-96.
There’s Phillips activity on other Billboard charts, too. His new single, “Where We Came From,” is up 24-23 on Triple A, achieving a new peak position. The previous single, “Gone, Gone, Gone,” rebounds 55-47 on Hot Digital Songs, returns to the top 10 with a jump of 12-10 on Rock Digital Songs, and bounces back to No. 2 on Adult Contemporary Audience.
LUCKY 13: Mandisa continues her four-chart sweep, reigning at No. 1 on Christian Songs, Christian Adult Contemporary, Christian Digital Songs, and Christian/Gospel Digital Songs. On those last two surveys, her single “Overcomer” is in pole position for the 13th week. That means the next seven days will be filled with suspense for the season five alum. If she can remain in first place on the two digital charts for one more frame, she will equal the 14-week run at No. 1 of Britt Nicole’s "Gold," the longest-running chart-topper on Christian Digital and Christian/Gospel Digital for 2013.
There’s more good chart news for Mandisa: Her album Overcomer rebounds 8-5 on Top Christian Albums, where it is a former No. 1.
BITS AND PIECES: Scotty McCreery’s “See You Tonight” continues to advance on Country Digital Songs. This week, the single rises 39-37. It should reach a new peak position next week, thanks to the release of the album with the same title … Daughtry’s “Waiting for Superman” continues to leap charts with a single bound. The track advances 29-23 on Adult Top 40 and 22-21 on Adult Top 40 Audience ... Colton Dixon’s “Never Gone” holds at No. 30 on Christian Songs … Fantasia’s “Without Me” (featuring Kelly Rowland and Missy Elliott) climbs 6-5 in its 18th week on the Adult R&B chart, achieving a new peak position.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!