'American Idol' on the Charts: Phillip Phillips' 'Raging Fire' Burns into the Top 10
While the season 11 champ's new single gains, "Home" and "Gone, Gone, Gone" also continue their long chart journeys.
HOT STUFF: After top 10 runs on multiple Billboard charts with "Home" and "Gone, Gone, Gone," Phillip Phillips is back in the top 10 with "Raging Fire," the first single from his sophomore album, Behind the Light, set for release on May 19.
"Raging Fire" holds at No. 8 on the Adult Top 40 chart and moves from 9 to 8 on the companion Adult Top 40 Audience tally. "Raging Fire" is also top 10 on the Triple A (Adult Album Alternative) list, where it slides 9 to 10 in its seventh week.
Phillips' latest single is also doing very well on the Adult Contemporary survey, where it rises from 19 to 15 in its fifth week on the chart.
After all this time, "Home" and "Gone, Gone, Gone" are still garnering Billboard chart ink. The former is No. 42 on this week’s Rock Digital Songs list while the latter makes a surprising surge from 46 to 27, the biggest jump on the entire chart. "Gone, Gone, Gone" is in its 66th week on Rock Digital Songs.
'BACK' IN A FLASH: Mandisa's second single from her Overcomer album, "Back to You," is off to a fast start, with a jump of 27 to 18 on Hot Christian Songs. It makes the greatest airplay gain of any song on the chart. Over on the Christian Adult Contemporary tally, "Back to You" climbs from 22 to 18 and also wins "Greatest Gainer" honors.
The success of the new single is one reason the parent album rebounds on Top Christian Albums, where it lifts 22 to 21. On the multi-genre Top Current Albums, Overcomer re-enters at No. 187.
BITS AND PIECES: Danny Gokey's "Hope in Front of Me" makes some major moves this week. It’s up 34 to 26 on Hot Christian Songs and rises 27 to 26 on Christian Adult Contemporary… "I Luh Ya Papi" by Jennifer Lopez featuring French Montana debuts at No. 40 on Hot Dance Club Play, while the latest single from the new album by Lopez enters Pop Digital Songs. "First Love" is a new entry at No. 46… Daughtry's "Waiting for Superman" is moving back up the Adult Contemporary chart, almost returning to its peak position of No. 15. In its 18th week on the list, the song rebounds from 17 to 16… Ruben Studdard's remake of Donny Hathaway's "Love, Love, Love" maintains at No. 28 on Adult R&B… Keith Urban's "Cop Car" holds at No. 7 on Hot Country Songs and improves 10 to 9 on Hot Country Airplay… Elsewhere on Hot Country Airplay, Scotty McCreery's new single, "Feelin’ It," spends another week at No. 42… Colton Dixon's A Messenger rises again on Top Christian Albums, from 49 to 44…
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Empire State Building Pays Tribute To Endangered Animals, Remembers Cecil The Lion
- 'Friday Night Lights' Coach Is Back With A Helpful Pep Talk
- A Fair Way to Choose Candidates for Republican Debate: Learning From the Oscars
- Candace Cameron Bure Shares Adorable Snap Of Kimmy, DJ And Stephanie On Set Of 'Fuller House'
- Travi$ Scott Got Arrested After His Lollapalooza Act for Trying to Make His Fans Go Crazy
- Halt and Catch Fire’s Kerry Bishé on Donna’s Huge Season, and Why the Show Isn’t a Bigger Hit
- Mitt Romney Is Going to Be Pissed If There Are No Pancakes on Stephen Colbert's Late Show
- It’s Time to Start Liking Tom Cruise Again
- These Photos of the 'Fantastic Four' Cast Holding Hands in NYC Are Cutest Thing You'll See Today
- Kylie Jenner Shows Off Killer Bikini Body in New Selfie
- Christina Applegate Answers Question About 80s Breakup With Brad Pitt (Video)
- 'Downton Abbey' Cast Talk About the Show's Final Season During TCA Panel