'American Idol' on the Charts: Phillip Phillips' 'Raging Fire' Burns into the Top 10
While the season 11 champ's new single gains, "Home" and "Gone, Gone, Gone" also continue their long chart journeys.
HOT STUFF: After top 10 runs on multiple Billboard charts with "Home" and "Gone, Gone, Gone," Phillip Phillips is back in the top 10 with "Raging Fire," the first single from his sophomore album, Behind the Light, set for release on May 19.
"Raging Fire" holds at No. 8 on the Adult Top 40 chart and moves from 9 to 8 on the companion Adult Top 40 Audience tally. "Raging Fire" is also top 10 on the Triple A (Adult Album Alternative) list, where it slides 9 to 10 in its seventh week.
Phillips' latest single is also doing very well on the Adult Contemporary survey, where it rises from 19 to 15 in its fifth week on the chart.
After all this time, "Home" and "Gone, Gone, Gone" are still garnering Billboard chart ink. The former is No. 42 on this week’s Rock Digital Songs list while the latter makes a surprising surge from 46 to 27, the biggest jump on the entire chart. "Gone, Gone, Gone" is in its 66th week on Rock Digital Songs.
'BACK' IN A FLASH: Mandisa's second single from her Overcomer album, "Back to You," is off to a fast start, with a jump of 27 to 18 on Hot Christian Songs. It makes the greatest airplay gain of any song on the chart. Over on the Christian Adult Contemporary tally, "Back to You" climbs from 22 to 18 and also wins "Greatest Gainer" honors.
The success of the new single is one reason the parent album rebounds on Top Christian Albums, where it lifts 22 to 21. On the multi-genre Top Current Albums, Overcomer re-enters at No. 187.
BITS AND PIECES: Danny Gokey's "Hope in Front of Me" makes some major moves this week. It’s up 34 to 26 on Hot Christian Songs and rises 27 to 26 on Christian Adult Contemporary… "I Luh Ya Papi" by Jennifer Lopez featuring French Montana debuts at No. 40 on Hot Dance Club Play, while the latest single from the new album by Lopez enters Pop Digital Songs. "First Love" is a new entry at No. 46… Daughtry's "Waiting for Superman" is moving back up the Adult Contemporary chart, almost returning to its peak position of No. 15. In its 18th week on the list, the song rebounds from 17 to 16… Ruben Studdard's remake of Donny Hathaway's "Love, Love, Love" maintains at No. 28 on Adult R&B… Keith Urban's "Cop Car" holds at No. 7 on Hot Country Songs and improves 10 to 9 on Hot Country Airplay… Elsewhere on Hot Country Airplay, Scotty McCreery's new single, "Feelin’ It," spends another week at No. 42… Colton Dixon's A Messenger rises again on Top Christian Albums, from 49 to 44…
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Nick Gurlach From Turbo Suit is Really as Awesome as He Seems
- Esquire Gathers Your Favorite Comedians To Uncover The Greatest Jokes Ever Told
- Demi Lovato Says She 'Wouldn't Be Alive' Without Wilmer Valderrama
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Clearly Not "Out of Time" - Stone Temple Pilots' Chester Bennington and Dean DeLeo Discuss the Evolution and Future of the Band
- American Ultra Trailer: Jesse Eisenberg Is a Stone(d) Cold Killer Who Will Save Kristen Stewart
- ‘Serial’ Will Have at Least 3 Seasons, With the Second One Coming This Fall
- The Artist to Watch in 2016 Has Been Dead for 20 Years
- Watch an Exclusive Clip From the Heavily Hyped Me and Earl and the Dying Girl