'American Idol' on the Charts: Scotty McCreery Continues to 'See' Upward Climb
Also: Mandisa's "Overcomer" stands strong on Christian Songs.
NEVER ENDING STORY: Scotty McCreery’s album See You Tonight is in its fourth month on the charts and you might think there would be a second single by now. But there hasn’t been the need for a follow-up to the initial release, as the title track, released long before the album hit the streets, is still moving up the Billboard charts.
“See You Tonight” re-enters Hot Country Songs at a lofty No. 14, a new peak position for the track that is in its 33rd week on this survey. There is upward movement on other country tallies: the song rises 27-25 on Country Digital Songs, 20-18 on Country Streaming Songs and 17-14 on Country Airplay.
On the Radio Songs chart, which measures airplay of songs in all formats, “See You Tonight” makes its debut, at No. 48.
NOT OVER YET: Another album that hasn’t yielded a second single yet is Mandisa’s Overcomer. The Grammy-winning set is doing just fine with the title track, which has spent long patches of time at No. 1 on multiple Billboard Christian charts. This week, “Overcomer” holds at No. 2 on Christian Songs, No. 3 on Christian Adult Contemporary and Christian Digital Songs and No. 4 on Christian Airplay.
All of this airplay and sales action help boost the album back up the Top Christian Albums chart, from 17-13.
BITS AND PIECES: Guy Sebastian from Australian Idol is No. 3 on the breakout list of songs poised to debut on the Hot Dance Club Play chart, with his song “Like a Drum”… Candice Glover’s “Cried” holds at No. 22 on Adult R&B… Jennifer Hudson’s “I Can’t Describe (The Way I Feel)” jumps 6-3 on Bubbling Under Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs… Phillip Phillips’ The World from the Side of the Moon rebounds 175-162 in its 63rd week on Top Current Albums, while the single “Gone, Gone, Gone” moves back up Rock Digital Songs, 23-20… Daughtry’s “Waiting for Superman” is up 23-22 on Adult Contemporary and maintains at No. 12 on Adult Top 40… Fantasia’s “Side Effects of You,” the third single from the album of the same name, advances 20-19 on Adult R&B.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Prince Harry Shakes Hands With A Dog, Hearts Melt Accordingly
- Remembering the Carpenters: A My Music Presentation and Paul Williams Interview, Plus a Christmas Chat with Plácido Domingo
- Chrissy Teigen Has Heated Twitter Exchange With Donald Trump
- Kim Kardashian's Nude Desert Shoot 'Finally' Hits Her Website
- Transparent’s Amy Landecker Does a Professionally Good Julia Roberts Impression
- Hamilton’s Lin-Manuel Miranda Wrote the New Star Wars Cantina Song; This Man Is Nonstop
- Boyz II Men Perform ‘Motownphilly’ With Fall Out Boy and It’s Really Fun — Not Better Than the Original, But Different Enough to Be Worth Your Time
- Minority Report Finale Recap: Put Them In