'American Idol' on the Charts: Scotty McCreery's Latest Feels Its Way onto Hot Country Songs
"Feelin' It" is season 10 champ's sixth single to appear on the tally during a three-year run.
'FEELIN'' ALRIGHT: Last week, season 10 champion Scotty McCreery performed his latest single, "Feelin’ It," on the one-hour results show of American Idol. This week, the track with a summery vibe debuts on Hot Country Songs at No. 40.
It is McCreery's sixth title to appear on this chart. His run began the week of June 11, 2011, giving him a chart span of just under three years. "I Love You This Big," McCreery's coronation song, peaked at No. 15. The follow-up, "The Trouble With Girls," went to No. 17 in March 2012. The Idol's biggest hit to date on Hot Country Songs is "See You Tonight," which peaked at No. 10 just three months ago.
"Feelin' It" moves up on the Country Airplay survey, from 42 to 41. And the parent album gets a surge of sales energy this week, re-entering Top Current Albums at No. 176 and soaring from 36 to 25 on Top Country Albums.
'FIRE' IS STILL BURNING: It's another good week for the latest Phillip Phillips single. "Raging Fire" moves up from 9 to 8 on Triple A (Adult Album Alternative) and from 8 to 7 on Triple A Audience, achieving new peak positions on both charts. The song holds at No. 9 on Adult Top 40 and debuts at No. 50 on Rock Airplay. On the Hot 100, "Raging Fire" rebounds from 98 to 88.
Phillips performed the song on the American Idol season finale this week, which could give it a big boost on next week’s chart. The release of his sophomore album, Behind the Light, should also help push the single up the charts.
BITS AND PIECES: Danny Gokey's "Hope in Front of Me" continues to shine, rising 20 to 16 on Hot Christian Songs and 21 to 14 on Christian Digital Songs. That momentum should carry the song into the top 10 on both lists… Mandisa's latest single, "Back to You," ascends 17 to 15 on Hot Christian Songs. Her previous hit, "Overcomer," is up 22 to 20 on Christian Streaming Songs and 12 to 11 on Christian Digital Songs… Colton Dixon's A Messenger returns to Top Christian Albums at No. 34 for a 62nd week on this chart… Carrie Underwood's first post-Idol single, "Jesus, Take the Wheel,” is still thriving on Christian Digital Songs, where it rises 46 to 41 in its 226th week. Her live recording of “How Great Thou Art" is also on the move again, from 50 to 48 in its 146th week… Jennifer Lopez’ "I Luh Ya Papi" makes another big jump on Hot Dance Club Play, from 32 to 24.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'