'American Idol' Rocker Colton Dixon Debuts New Song (Audio)
The season-11 heartthrob releases his first single, "You Are."
Although the song won't be available for download until October, fans of Colton Dixon got a chance to hear his new song, "You Are," on Air1radio.com on Wednesday.
The Christian rocker and American Idol season 11 alum describes the original composition as a "worship song," and 24 hours later, it's already the most-aired tune on the internet station, according to its website. The song officially ships to radio Oct. 19. Dixon's album is set for release on February.
The singer shared his elation on Twitter, enthusing: "Just heard my own song on the radio for the first time ever."
The 20-year-old Tennessee native is in the midst of a creative burst of energy, writing more songs for his upcoming record during his one week of downtime from the Idol tour, which concluded its North American dates this week. The season-11 finalists head to the Phillipines on Sept. 21.
Here is an audio clip of Dixon's new song! What do you think, Worshippers?
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Joseph Sikora's Tommy Egan in Power: Finally, a White Guy Who's Not in the Black World To Save Anybody
- A 'Gilmore Girls' Festival Is Happening In Real-World Stars Hollow
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Have Reportedly Split ... Again
- Country Queen Dolly Parton To Play A Prostitute In New Made-For-TV Biopic
- New Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency Teaser: Elijah Wood Is Still Not Your Watson, Asshole
- Rupert Wyatt to Direct Sci-Fi Movie Captive State, Based on His Own Original Story
- Jon Favreau Will Direct and Produce Seth MacFarlane's New Space Dramedy for Fox
- Christoph Waltz in Talks for Alita: Battle Angel Adaptation from Robert Rodriguez and James Cameron