'American Idol' Rocker Colton Dixon Debuts New Song (Audio)
The season-11 heartthrob releases his first single, "You Are."
Although the song won't be available for download until October, fans of Colton Dixon got a chance to hear his new song, "You Are," on Air1radio.com on Wednesday.
The Christian rocker and American Idol season 11 alum describes the original composition as a "worship song," and 24 hours later, it's already the most-aired tune on the internet station, according to its website. The song officially ships to radio Oct. 19. Dixon's album is set for release on February.
The singer shared his elation on Twitter, enthusing: "Just heard my own song on the radio for the first time ever."
The 20-year-old Tennessee native is in the midst of a creative burst of energy, writing more songs for his upcoming record during his one week of downtime from the Idol tour, which concluded its North American dates this week. The season-11 finalists head to the Phillipines on Sept. 21.
Here is an audio clip of Dixon's new song! What do you think, Worshippers?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress