'American Idol': Colton Dixon Impresses With 'Piano Man' Performance (Video)
The 20-year-old finalist boldly took on a Billy Joel classic and nailed it.
Perhaps no American Idol contestant was better suited for Wednesday's Billy Joel challenge than season 11's Colton Dixon.
For the 20-year-old Tennessee native, who grew up playing piano from a very young age among other instruments (and interests, like baseball), the ebony and ivory keys were like extensions of his fingers, as he proved on Wednesday night when he boldly took on Joel's most iconic song, "Piano Man."
Indulging in only the slightest melodic liberties, Dixon's punctuated tweaks didn't feel at all offensive. Rather, they provided an impressive update to the 1973 classic that felt accessible to multiple generations.
Like P. Diddy said, we'd buy this tune today (in fact, we already did).
How about you, Idol Worshipers -- did you like the performance? And do you think Colton Dixon could make it all the way to the finish line?
Watch his version of "Piano Man" below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- A 40-Year-Old Woman Has A No. 1 Hit For The First Time In Nearly 16 Years
- Hamptons Journal: Nona Hendryx Pays Tribute to Bowie at LongHouse Reserve Jubilee/ Richard Mishaan's Design at Guild Hall, and the East Hampton Historical Society
- Teenager's Stunning Celine Dion Covers Will Make Your Jaw Drop
- Nick Cannon Let Loose In New 'Access Hollywood' Interview
- Hamilton's Renée Elise Goldsberry to Star in HBO's The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Not Magnificent Enough, Now Chance the Rapper Is Making His Own Music Festival in Chicago
- Vladimir Putin Is Having a Rough Day Working the Phone for Donald Trump
- Everything You Missed at the Inaugural 2016 Panorama Festival