'American Idol': Colton Dixon Impresses With 'Piano Man' Performance (Video)
The 20-year-old finalist boldly took on a Billy Joel classic and nailed it.
Perhaps no American Idol contestant was better suited for Wednesday's Billy Joel challenge than season 11's Colton Dixon.
For the 20-year-old Tennessee native, who grew up playing piano from a very young age among other instruments (and interests, like baseball), the ebony and ivory keys were like extensions of his fingers, as he proved on Wednesday night when he boldly took on Joel's most iconic song, "Piano Man."
Indulging in only the slightest melodic liberties, Dixon's punctuated tweaks didn't feel at all offensive. Rather, they provided an impressive update to the 1973 classic that felt accessible to multiple generations.
Like P. Diddy said, we'd buy this tune today (in fact, we already did).
How about you, Idol Worshipers -- did you like the performance? And do you think Colton Dixon could make it all the way to the finish line?
Watch his version of "Piano Man" below:
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Rihanna Slips Into A Bikini After Closing Out Monster Tour, Casually Hangs On A Yacht
- Here Is What A Mashup Of Scarlett Johansson And Jennifer Lawrence Looks Like
- Pat O'Brien Explains Why So Many Celebrities Aren't Truly Happy (VIDEO)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Fatal Finale Says Goodbye To One Huge Character
- Heidi Klum Completes Ice Bucket Challenge on 'America's Got Talent'!
- Chelsea Handler Dines with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston & More After Ending 'Chelsea Lately'
- Jennifer Aniston Doesn't Want Her 'Value as a Woman' to be Defined By Marriage & Children
- Orlando Bloom Rocks Unique Shirt at 'Zulu' Press Conference in Japan