'American Idol' Winner David Cook, Finalist Haley Reinhart to Perform on Season 11 (Exclusive)
Season 7's Cook will return to the "Idol" stage for the fourth year in a row, while Reinhart, who finished third last year, will debut her first single two days after its release.
Calling all David Cook fans! The season 7 winner will be appearing on the show this year, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. It will mark the Blue Springs, Missouri native's fourth year in a row returning to the stage that launched his rock career. Cook's performance is tentatively scheduled for May.
Also set to sing during season 11? Last year's third place finalist Haley Reinhart, who will perform on the show Thursday, March 22, two days after she officially releases her debut single, "Free."
The returning alums continue a long tradition of inviting Idol grads to perform on the current season of the show. Cook joins season 5 finalist Chris Daughtry, season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert, season 10's James Durbin and reigning victor Scotty McCreery on the season 11 line-up, as previously reported.
As for what Cook might play? Although his most recent album, This Loud Morning, has been out for less than a year, it could be a new song, says an insider. Indeed, Cook's tweets from the last few weeks have referenced a fair share of writing and music sessions and he's said to have several songs in the can.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- M.I.A. Accuses the VMAs of ‘Racism, Sexism, Classism, and Elitism’ Over ‘Borders’ Snub
- Jimmy Kimmel Hacks Into Mr. Robot, Mostly to Ask for Tech Advice
- Amy Sedaris’s Summer Plans Include Buying Bags of Sand and Competing in a Family Tanning Competition
- Maybe Don’t Ask Kim and Kanye About Taylor Swift
- Kanye West Responds to Taylor Swift 'Famous' Phone Call Video - Watch Now
- Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk Share a Kiss on Italy Vacation!
- Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Talk About Taylor Swift in 'Harper's Bazaar' Cover Story
- Jack Kilmer & Dylan Brosnan Honor Rock Legend at Johnny Ramone Tribute (Exclusive Photos!)