'American Idol': David Cook, Lee DeWyze to Perform on Results Shows
The alumni parade continues as winners for seasons seven and nine schedule their returns. Also, is season four's Constantine Maroulis making a cameo?
American Idol winners Lee DeWyze and David Cook will return for the April 25 and May 2 results shows, respectively.
Also possibly on tap for the coming week? Season four heartthrob and star of Broadway's Jekyll and Hyde, Constantine Maroulis, who cryptically tweeted The Hollywood Reporter's Idol Worship on Monday afternoon. The occasion: He was simply responding to our humble request that the show host a Broadway-themed night specifically so he could return.
Maroulis' reply? "There mayyy be a fun surprise this week," he wrote.
For all of season 12, American Idol has been bringing back former finalists for the Thursday night elimination episodes. Season nine winner DeWyze will perform his new single, "Silver Lining," this week. His appearance will be his first performance on the Fox show since performing "Beautiful Like You" in 2011.
Season seven victor Cook unveils a new track seven days later. Called “Laying Me Low,” the song was co-written with Andrew Waldeck and Chris Reardon and is available for preview on Amazon.com. It's scheduled for release April 30 through XIX Recordings.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Nikki Reed & Kellan Lutz Have a 'Twilight' Reunion at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Debuts First Teaser Trailer - Watch Now!