'American Idol': David Cook, Lee DeWyze to Perform on Results Shows
The alumni parade continues as winners for seasons seven and nine schedule their returns. Also, is season four's Constantine Maroulis making a cameo?
American Idol winners Lee DeWyze and David Cook will return for the April 25 and May 2 results shows, respectively.
Also possibly on tap for the coming week? Season four heartthrob and star of Broadway's Jekyll and Hyde, Constantine Maroulis, who cryptically tweeted The Hollywood Reporter's Idol Worship on Monday afternoon. The occasion: He was simply responding to our humble request that the show host a Broadway-themed night specifically so he could return.
Maroulis' reply? "There mayyy be a fun surprise this week," he wrote.
For all of season 12, American Idol has been bringing back former finalists for the Thursday night elimination episodes. Season nine winner DeWyze will perform his new single, "Silver Lining," this week. His appearance will be his first performance on the Fox show since performing "Beautiful Like You" in 2011.
Season seven victor Cook unveils a new track seven days later. Called “Laying Me Low,” the song was co-written with Andrew Waldeck and Chris Reardon and is available for preview on Amazon.com. It's scheduled for release April 30 through XIX Recordings.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Dierks Bentley Weighs In On The 'Girl Crush' Country Radio Controversy
- Cookie Lyon of Fox's 'Empire' Sheds Rare Light on Black Women's Incarceration and Reentry
- Ryan Reynolds Spoofs Burt Reynolds In First 'Deadpool' Photo
- What Lindsay From 'Freaks And Geeks' Would Be Up To Today, According to Linda Cardellini
- Sean Hayes & Hubby Lip Sync Iggy Azalea & Jennifer Hudson's 'Trouble' - Watch Now!
- Kim Kardashian's Platinum Blonde Hair Looks Amazing on 'Elle France' April 2015 Cover
- Zayn Malik & Fiancee Perrie Edwards Spotted Out Separately After Leaving One Direction
- Carey Mulligan Talks Cooking Spaghetti Bolognese in 'Skylight' Every Night on 'The Tonight Show' - Watch Here!