'American Idol's' David Cook Drops 19 Entertainment for Simon Fuller's XIX (Exclusive)
The season 7 winner joins Carrie Underwood, Scotty McCreery and Victoria and David Beckham on the XIX roster.
American Idol Season 7 winner David Cook has left 19 Entertainment and signed with Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. In May, Cook's contract with 19's management arm came up for renewal. With the option to re-sign with 19 or go elsewhere, the rocker made the move to new management, although he remains a 19 Recordings artist.
XIX, which Fuller founded in 2010, is home to more than a dozen clients in music, television, sports and fashion, including Victoria and David Beckham, Lisa Marie Presley, Annie Lennox and Idols Carrie Underwood, Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina. XIX Television is producing the upcoming Jennifer Lopez-Marc Anthony talent search Q’Viva: The Chosen, which is currently locking down broadcast partners for the 21 countries the show will air in.
19 Entertainment continues to manage American Idol winners Kris Allen and Lee DeWyze along with season 10 finalists Haley Reinhart, James Durbin, Pia Toscano and Stefano Langone. In August, THR reported that season 8 runner-up Adam Lambert left 19 to sign with Direct Management Group, which counts Katy Perry among its clients.
Also founded by Fuller, and now run by president Iain Pirie, 19 was bought by Robert Sillerman’s cKX, Inc. for $210 million in 2005 and again in 2011 when Apollo Management scooped up cKX for $509 million. The Fox hit shows American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance remain two of its most valuable properties. Fuller officially parted ways with his former company in 2010.
David Cook is currently on a U.S. tour with Gavin Degraw with plans to take the trek to Europe in 2012. His latest album, This Loud Morning, was released by RCA Records in June and debuted at No. 7 on the Billboard 200.
What's Hot In Music
Follow Idol Worship
- Taylor Swift's 'Wildest Dreams' Director Tries To Defend The Video After Claims Of Racism, But Fails
- Here's Why Nicole Richie Is Your New Favorite Gay Icon
- Ellen Degeneres And Gap Launch Inclusive Clothing Line For Girls
- Robert Pattinson Crashed A Couple’s Wedding In Ireland, Because Dreams Do Come True
- Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk Travel to New York City Together
- Vanessa Hudgens, Lily Collins & Camilla Belle Get Glam For The A List 15th Anniversary Party!
- Cate Blanchett to Play Lucille Ball in Aaron Sorkin's Biopic (Report)
- Val Chmerkovskiy & Tamar Braxton Need A Team Name For 'Dancing With The Stars'